Nicci Russell appointed new MD of Waterwise
Waterwise has named Ofwat director Nicci Russell as its new managing director.
Russell was policy director at Waterwise until 2013 and co-founded the organisation with its current managing director Jacob Tompkins, who is leaving after 11 years.
Currently a director at Ofwat, Nicci said she was “thrilled” to be returning to Waterwise and was “looking forward to building on Jacob’s fantastic legacy”.
Waterwise chair Martin Bradbury said: “Nicci is a highly respected leader in the water sector with in-depth knowledge and experience. I am delighted that Nicci has agreed to take on the challenge as Waterwise enters a new phase.
“Jacob has worked tirelessly to promote the water efficiency agenda as the Managing Director of Waterwise and I want to thank him for building the credibility and reputation of Waterwise.”
In April 2017, Jacob Tompkins will become the chief operating officer of The Water Retail Company, a new entrant in the newly-opened English non-household retail market.
In March this year Waterwise teamed up with WaterSafe to promote Water Saving Week which aims to raise awareness for customers to use water wisely, as the balance between supply and demand becomes tighter and droughts become increasingly common.
And last month, Waterwise released a wide-ranging report calling for the UK to adopt a 'water-saving culture' in a joined-up national water efficiency strategy.
-A version of this article first appeared on Utility Week.
- Price review 'will be a catalyst for innovation' The recently concluded price review will act as a catalyst for innovation in the water industry by sharpening the focus on... Read More >
- Bristol Water 'questions' Ofwat's output model approach Bristol Water has questioned the 'robustness' of Ofwat's output models used to decide its final determination covering... Read More >
- Water firms must make greater investment in technology Water companies need to make greater investment in technology if they are to continue to meet or exceed the exacting... Read More >
- Smartening up: Is UK water metering ready for a smart revolution? Smart metering shows signs it can bring significant improvements on water consumption, leakage and more. But what will it... Read More >
- Interview: Guy Thompson, Managing Director, EnTrade Wessex Water has recently spun out EnTrade - the trading platform it developed for environmental catchment interventions –... Read More >
- Mapping the need for sanitation and investment The use of flow diagrams is allowing WaterAid teams to focus water industry innovation and investment on the urban areas... Read More >
- Service reservoir project refreshes supply in Burton-on-Trent Stonbury's project to construct a new service reservoir for South Staffs Water achieved the best whole-life asset solution... Read More >
- Using hidden climate signals for water resource management Making use of research into long-term weather patterns could help water utilities predict their water resource needs for... Read More >