Nicci Russell appointed new MD of Waterwise
Waterwise has named Ofwat director Nicci Russell as its new managing director.
Russell was policy director at Waterwise until 2013 and co-founded the organisation with its current managing director Jacob Tompkins, who is leaving after 11 years.
Currently a director at Ofwat, Nicci said she was “thrilled” to be returning to Waterwise and was “looking forward to building on Jacob’s fantastic legacy”.
Waterwise chair Martin Bradbury said: “Nicci is a highly respected leader in the water sector with in-depth knowledge and experience. I am delighted that Nicci has agreed to take on the challenge as Waterwise enters a new phase.
“Jacob has worked tirelessly to promote the water efficiency agenda as the Managing Director of Waterwise and I want to thank him for building the credibility and reputation of Waterwise.”
In April 2017, Jacob Tompkins will become the chief operating officer of The Water Retail Company, a new entrant in the newly-opened English non-household retail market.
In March this year Waterwise teamed up with WaterSafe to promote Water Saving Week which aims to raise awareness for customers to use water wisely, as the balance between supply and demand becomes tighter and droughts become increasingly common.
And last month, Waterwise released a wide-ranging report calling for the UK to adopt a 'water-saving culture' in a joined-up national water efficiency strategy.
-A version of this article first appeared on Utility Week.
- Savings from domestic competition short of customer expectations Domestic competition in the water market is unlikely to deliver the levels of savings customers expect from their bills.... Read More >
- Ofwat appoints Brown to lead water industry price review Ofwat has announced that Sonia Brown is to take on the direct lead responsibility for the delivery of the five-yearly... Read More >
- MPs call for corporation tax change to Water Bill MPs are to push for a clampdown on water companies failing to pay corporation tax by seeking an amendment to the... Read More >
- Front Line: Morag Angus, Mires Project Manager, South West Water This month WWT meets Morag Angus, who leads a catchment management project for South West Water aimed at restoring... Read More >
- Introducing the WWT thought leadership series The UK's leading water industry media brand is taking a deeper look throughout 2017. Read More >
- Blog: A shared vision for the global water sector In the latest blog from water sector charity WaterAid, Rob Fuller explores the potential for greater international... Read More >
- Catchment permitting for Wessex spells flexible approach An innovative catchment permitting approach for phosphorus, jointly developed by Wessex Water and the Environment Agency,... Read More >
- Drought resilience measures require national investment A major Water UK research report has warned of the probability of future drought scenarios and called for a co-ordinated... Read More >