Nicci Russell appointed new MD of Waterwise
Waterwise has named Ofwat director Nicci Russell as its new managing director.
Russell was policy director at Waterwise until 2013 and co-founded the organisation with its current managing director Jacob Tompkins, who is leaving after 11 years.
Currently a director at Ofwat, Nicci said she was “thrilled” to be returning to Waterwise and was “looking forward to building on Jacob’s fantastic legacy”.
Waterwise chair Martin Bradbury said: “Nicci is a highly respected leader in the water sector with in-depth knowledge and experience. I am delighted that Nicci has agreed to take on the challenge as Waterwise enters a new phase.
“Jacob has worked tirelessly to promote the water efficiency agenda as the Managing Director of Waterwise and I want to thank him for building the credibility and reputation of Waterwise.”
In April 2017, Jacob Tompkins will become the chief operating officer of The Water Retail Company, a new entrant in the newly-opened English non-household retail market.
In March this year Waterwise teamed up with WaterSafe to promote Water Saving Week which aims to raise awareness for customers to use water wisely, as the balance between supply and demand becomes tighter and droughts become increasingly common.
And last month, Waterwise released a wide-ranging report calling for the UK to adopt a 'water-saving culture' in a joined-up national water efficiency strategy.
-A version of this article first appeared on Utility Week.
- EA concerned about reporting visibility in a competitive sludge market Reporting visibility and the potential for "a race to the cheapest cost option" by companies to the detriment of the... Read More >
- Severn Trent cuts dividends to 'strike right balance' with water bills Severn Trent Water has announced a 5% cut in dividends this financial year - from 84.9p to 80.6p - "to strike the... Read More >
- EU water legislation is driving up UK carbon emissions, says IMechE The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) wants an urgent review of EU water legislation, saying the ‘unreasonable... Read More >
- The universal challenge of water Water utilities across the world face many similar challenges despite their varying locations and economic conditions,... Read More >
- Front Line: Luke Petts, Metering Team Leader, Morrison Utility Services In this month's Front Line feature we meet Luke Petts, who leads the team of meter installers on Thames Water's Smart... Read More >
- WWT's Sustainable Water 2017 to discuss preparations for PR19 WWT's flagship Sustainable Water event is back and will take place on 20 September, with senior water industry... Read More >
- Front Line: Dr Mike Jones, Thames Water In this month's Front Line feature we meet Dr Mike Jones, Water Resources & Process Modelling Lead at Thames Water Read More >
- Project Focus: Optimising the Wessex Grid Optimiser software using a sophisticated closed loop control system has been central to enabling efficient water transfers... Read More >
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.