Nicci Russell appointed new MD of Waterwise
Waterwise has named Ofwat director Nicci Russell as its new managing director.
Russell was policy director at Waterwise until 2013 and co-founded the organisation with its current managing director Jacob Tompkins, who is leaving after 11 years.
Currently a director at Ofwat, Nicci said she was “thrilled” to be returning to Waterwise and was “looking forward to building on Jacob’s fantastic legacy”.
Waterwise chair Martin Bradbury said: “Nicci is a highly respected leader in the water sector with in-depth knowledge and experience. I am delighted that Nicci has agreed to take on the challenge as Waterwise enters a new phase.
“Jacob has worked tirelessly to promote the water efficiency agenda as the Managing Director of Waterwise and I want to thank him for building the credibility and reputation of Waterwise.”
In April 2017, Jacob Tompkins will become the chief operating officer of The Water Retail Company, a new entrant in the newly-opened English non-household retail market.
In March this year Waterwise teamed up with WaterSafe to promote Water Saving Week which aims to raise awareness for customers to use water wisely, as the balance between supply and demand becomes tighter and droughts become increasingly common.
And last month, Waterwise released a wide-ranging report calling for the UK to adopt a 'water-saving culture' in a joined-up national water efficiency strategy.
-A version of this article first appeared on Utility Week.
- Swindon on track for efficiency target Swindon residents have risen to the challenge of slashing their water use and are two- thirds of the way to Thames Water's... Read More >
- Green light for Sutton and East Surrey Water's WRMP Reducing leakage by a further 500,000l a day as well as increasing the resilience of its distribution network are among... Read More >
- 'Deprivation' behind UU decision to forgo price rise United Utilities' (UU) chief executive, Steve Mogford, says that high levels of deprivation in north-west England underpin... Read More >
- Front Line: Dr Mike Jones, Thames Water In this month's Front Line feature we meet Dr Mike Jones, Water Resources & Process Modelling Lead at Thames Water Read More >
- Project Focus: Optimising the Wessex Grid Optimiser software using a sophisticated closed loop control system has been central to enabling efficient water transfers... Read More >
- Front Line: Morag Angus, Mires Project Manager, South West Water This month WWT meets Morag Angus, who leads a catchment management project for South West Water aimed at restoring... Read More >
- Introducing the WWT thought leadership series The UK's leading water industry media brand is taking a deeper look throughout 2017. Read More >
- Blog: A shared vision for the global water sector In the latest blog from water sector charity WaterAid, Rob Fuller explores the potential for greater international... Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.