NI Water awards safety equipment supply deal
NI Water has awarded a new £3.25M contract to Duncrue-based Heyn Engineering to supply and maintain essential safety and maintenance equipment over potentially the next six years.
As NI Water marks a decade of delivering what matters, investing £1.8bn in water and wastewater services over the past ten years, this contract will deliver essential health and safety equipment, which will help NI Water staff to safely access and maintain its water and wastewater network. The project will also assist in supporting a growing economy, with seven people working full-time on the contract at Heyn.
Dean Campbell, category manager in NI Water’s Operational Procurement team, said: “NI Water are delighted to announce this major contract with Heyn, who will maintain, test and certify over 20,000 items of lifting and fall arrest equipment such as cranes and hoists. Heyn will also supply replacement equipment, which is essential for our company to maintain our vast network of pumping stations, treatment plants and reservoirs throughout Northern Ireland and continue to deliver what matters to our customers.
“Health and safety is a key priority for NI Water and this essential service supplied by Heyn will ensure that staff and contractors can safely get access to underground services and tanks to help us continue to deliver high quality water and wastewater services, as well as meeting our statutory requirements.”
Kevin Denvir, director of engineering at Heyn, added: “We are extremely pleased to have won a contract of strategic importance with NI Water. As a local Northern Ireland company and with Heyn Engineering’s expertise, skills and experience we will be able to fulfil this essential supply, maintenance, testing and certification contract to the highest possible standards.
“The contract has created additional jobs and improved job security amongst our engineering division. Being selected on a contract of strategic importance by such a high profile organisation such as NI Water, has also helped to raise the profile of Heyn Engineering in the industry.”
- Infrastructure minister to open Water Northern Ireland Conference Chris Hazzard MLA, the recently appointed minister for infrastructure, will open WWT's 8th annual Water Northern Ireland... Read More >
- AECOM creates engineering services giant with acquisition of URS AECOM's $4B (£2.3B) acquisition of URS Corporation, announced on Sunday, is expected to create a premier, fully... Read More >
- Engineers confident water sector will grow despite skills shortage Engineers in the UK water industry are confident in the future growth of their sector, but acknowledge a huge skills gap... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.