New water retailer ‘Tor Water' to target South West
A brand new water retailer - Tor Water - has applied to Ofwat for a water supply and sewerage licence, which would allow the company to participate in the newly-opened non-household water retail market.
Tor Water is a privately-financed limited company, based in Exeter, which will focus on the South West of England and seeks to provide an “unsurpassed level of customer service at a competitive price to the consumer”.
Director Jiro Wilson writes on his LinkedIn profile that he is building the company around a team who are experts in what they do and how they do it.
“We are definitely not an exponent of an existing water authority, so no mutton dressed as lamb to be found with us, and we intend to trade as a new market entrant in the deregulated non-household water industry.
“Tor Water is all about good practices which means I put my people first, because how are my customers ever going to be happy if the service isn’t first class? We will deliver the best in terms of ethics, practices and foster excellence in all shapes and sizes.”
-This article first appeared on Utility Week.
- Retail competition has saved £100M on Scottish businesses' water bills Scottish businesses have saved more than £100M on their water bills since retail competition was introduced north of the... Read More >
- South Staffs Water tops Ofwat's customer satisfaction table South Staffordshire Water has topped an annual customer satisfaction table published by industry regulator Ofwat for the... Read More >
- Water companies face complaint 'backlash' The Consumer Council for Water has warned that water companies could "face a backlash" with customer complaints... Read More >
- Interview: Ben Jeffs, Chief Executive, MOSL “The whole industry has really mobilised around market opening, and the water companies deserve credit for that.” Read More >
- Close-Up: Who will be the big fish in the new water retail market? With a £2.5BN new market for non-domestic water retail to open in England in April, joint ventures, incumbents and new... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Close-Up: From Sludge to Bioresources As a separate price control for sludge takes shape for PR19, who will be the winners from the new market for bioresources? Read More >
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.