New water retailer ‘Tor Water' to target South West
A brand new water retailer - Tor Water - has applied to Ofwat for a water supply and sewerage licence, which would allow the company to participate in the newly-opened non-household water retail market.
Tor Water is a privately-financed limited company, based in Exeter, which will focus on the South West of England and seeks to provide an “unsurpassed level of customer service at a competitive price to the consumer”.
Director Jiro Wilson writes on his LinkedIn profile that he is building the company around a team who are experts in what they do and how they do it.
“We are definitely not an exponent of an existing water authority, so no mutton dressed as lamb to be found with us, and we intend to trade as a new market entrant in the deregulated non-household water industry.
“Tor Water is all about good practices which means I put my people first, because how are my customers ever going to be happy if the service isn’t first class? We will deliver the best in terms of ethics, practices and foster excellence in all shapes and sizes.”
-This article first appeared on Utility Week.
- Amey's £100M brace of deals with Severn Trent Public and regulated services provider Amey is to be the design and build partner to provide developer services for Severn... Read More >
- Water industry 'Oscars' open for entries It's September which can only mean one thing ─ it's time to get those entries rolling in for the Water Industry... Read More >
- Update: LongRiver threatens to walk unless Severn Trent talks LongRiver will walk away unless Severn Trent agrees to "meaningful engagement". The international consortium's... Read More >
- Comment: Sludge all set for reform The opening of the bioresources market presents water companies with an opportunity to do things differently, but what... Read More >
- Interview: Ben Jeffs, Chief Executive, MOSL “The whole industry has really mobilised around market opening, and the water companies deserve credit for that.” Read More >
- Close-Up: Who will be the big fish in the new water retail market? With a £2.5BN new market for non-domestic water retail to open in England in April, joint ventures, incumbents and new... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.