New water retailer ‘Tor Water' to target South West
A brand new water retailer - Tor Water - has applied to Ofwat for a water supply and sewerage licence, which would allow the company to participate in the newly-opened non-household water retail market.
Tor Water is a privately-financed limited company, based in Exeter, which will focus on the South West of England and seeks to provide an “unsurpassed level of customer service at a competitive price to the consumer”.
Director Jiro Wilson writes on his LinkedIn profile that he is building the company around a team who are experts in what they do and how they do it.
“We are definitely not an exponent of an existing water authority, so no mutton dressed as lamb to be found with us, and we intend to trade as a new market entrant in the deregulated non-household water industry.
“Tor Water is all about good practices which means I put my people first, because how are my customers ever going to be happy if the service isn’t first class? We will deliver the best in terms of ethics, practices and foster excellence in all shapes and sizes.”
-This article first appeared on Utility Week.
- Southern Water faces record £176m Ofwat levy over sewage discharges Southern Water faces a record £176m penalty from Ofwat in the current price review process after the regulator expressed... Read More >
- Southern selects Tata for customer service overhaul IT SERVICES consulting and business solutions company Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been selected by Southern Water... Read More >
- Northumbrian to implement cloud-based customer service system Northumbrian Water Group is to implement a cloud-hosted IT system which it says will give it an edge on customer service... Read More >
- Interview: Ben Jeffs, Chief Executive, MOSL “The whole industry has really mobilised around market opening, and the water companies deserve credit for that.” Read More >
- Close-Up: Who will be the big fish in the new water retail market? With a £2.5BN new market for non-domestic water retail to open in England in April, joint ventures, incumbents and new... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Close-Up: From Sludge to Bioresources As a separate price control for sludge takes shape for PR19, who will be the winners from the new market for bioresources? Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Starting salary: Grade SF £30,767 - £41,226 Job description: Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Repair and maintenance ganger (team leader) Taunton Location: Taunton Starting salary: Dependent on experience and training certificates, plus standby allowance and call out Package: 45... Read more here.
- Repair and maintenance ganger (team leader) Yeovil Location: Yeovil Starting salary: 26,520 - 28,560 salary dependent on experience and training certificates, plus standby allowance and call... Read more here.
- Repair and maintenance ganger (team leader) Cossington Location: Cossington Starting salary: £26,520 - £28,560 salary dependent on experience and training certificates, plus standby allowance... Read more here.