New HR director for Severn Trent
Severn Trent has named Neil Morrison, currently Director for Strategy, Culture and Innovation at Penguin Random House UK, as its new HR Director, replacing Evelyn Dickey, who will be retiring.
Morrison has previously held senior HR roles at FTSE 100 companies such as the Home Retail Group and Rentokil Initial and, and has extensive experience in compensation and benefits, organisational development, and resourcing.
Liv Garfield, Severn Trent Chief Executive, said: “We’d like to thank Evelyn for all of her hard work during her time at Severn Trent, and for some stand-out achievements which include helping us on our journey to becoming an employer of choice, recruiting hundreds of apprentices and graduates, and in encouraging a more diverse and engaged organisation. We wish her well with the next chapter in her life.
“At the same time, I’m also delighted to welcome Neil on board. During his eight years with Random House and then Penguin Random House, he played a major role in the merger of Penguin Books and Random House. He also delivered a strategy to make the company and wider industry more inclusive, creating new programmes to attract a broader and more diverse talent pool to publishing.
“I’m really looking forward to working with Neil as he looks to build on the excellent work that Evelyn and the team have completed for us over the years.”
Morrison is due to join Severn Trent in July and will be based at the company’s headquarters in Coventry.
- Sixth formers join Welsh Water ‘Youth Board' Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water has hosted a group of sixth formers to work with its board to help it make big decisions on its... Read More >
- Pipe manufacturer backs export growth Clay pipe manufacturer Naylor Industries, which has seen exports triple in three years, is investing in its workforce to... Read More >
- Engineers confident water sector will grow despite skills shortage Engineers in the UK water industry are confident in the future growth of their sector, but acknowledge a huge skills gap... Read More >
- Plastic pollution – what was the tipping point? Despite years of research, news stories concerning plastics and the pollution of the marine and water environment have... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >
- Analysis: Assessing lane rental's pros and cons While lane rental may be popular with many, Robin Hackett hears why the majority of utilities and contractors are fiercely... Read More >
- Opinion: Action needed on product specifications and skills BPF Pipes Group president Derek Muckle calls for a basic engineering and procurement skillset to set the standard for what... Read More >
- Bioresource data leads to focus on sludge quality The recent publication of data about the quantity and quality of sludge produced at water company wastewater treatment... Read More >