New HR director for Severn Trent
Severn Trent has named Neil Morrison, currently Director for Strategy, Culture and Innovation at Penguin Random House UK, as its new HR Director, replacing Evelyn Dickey, who will be retiring.
Morrison has previously held senior HR roles at FTSE 100 companies such as the Home Retail Group and Rentokil Initial and, and has extensive experience in compensation and benefits, organisational development, and resourcing.
Liv Garfield, Severn Trent Chief Executive, said: “We’d like to thank Evelyn for all of her hard work during her time at Severn Trent, and for some stand-out achievements which include helping us on our journey to becoming an employer of choice, recruiting hundreds of apprentices and graduates, and in encouraging a more diverse and engaged organisation. We wish her well with the next chapter in her life.
“At the same time, I’m also delighted to welcome Neil on board. During his eight years with Random House and then Penguin Random House, he played a major role in the merger of Penguin Books and Random House. He also delivered a strategy to make the company and wider industry more inclusive, creating new programmes to attract a broader and more diverse talent pool to publishing.
“I’m really looking forward to working with Neil as he looks to build on the excellent work that Evelyn and the team have completed for us over the years.”
Morrison is due to join Severn Trent in July and will be based at the company’s headquarters in Coventry.
- Yorkshire Water launches biggest ever apprentice scheme Yorkshire Water has announced that it will be creating 160 apprenticeships over the next five years, in the biggest scheme... Read More >
- Balfour Beatty announces profit shortfall in Construction Services UK Balfour Beatty, which rejected a £3B merger with Carillion this summer, has announced a £75M profit warning in its... Read More >
- Water UK shakes up top team with two new directors Water UK has appointed two new directors as part of a restructuring of the industry body's leadership team. Read More >
- Comment: What could retail competition do for customers? Domestic retail competition could provide an opportunity to look again at how we determine the price of water to the... Read More >
- Comment: Sludge all set for reform The opening of the bioresources market presents water companies with an opportunity to do things differently, but what... Read More >
- Interview: Ben Jeffs, Chief Executive, MOSL “The whole industry has really mobilised around market opening, and the water companies deserve credit for that.” Read More >
- Close-Up: Who will be the big fish in the new water retail market? With a £2.5BN new market for non-domestic water retail to open in England in April, joint ventures, incumbents and new... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.