New engineering director for Nomenca
Nomenca, a subsidiary of North Midland Construction and a major contractor to the water sector, has appointed Gavin Stonard as its new engineering director.
Stonard was previously a director of Sweco UK, and has extensive knowledge of the UK and European water sectors. His new role will see him lead the company’s engineering services offering. His primary responsibilities will be the development of Nomenca’s engineering and asset optimisation services to provide a holistic asset lifecycle service, bringing together existing expertise in design, software development, off-site build, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance to develop Totex solutions for clients.
Andy Langman, managing director of Nomenca, said: “I am really pleased that Gavin has joined Nomenca. His wealth of knowledge and expertise within the Water sector will significantly help drive TotEx solutions and further efficiencies for our customers as well as delivering engineering excellence.”
John Homer, Chief Executive of Nomenca’s parent company, North Midland Construction Plc, added: “With the appointment of Gavin to strengthen our senior management and further investment in our complete life cycle offering, we see the potential for additional customer and market opportunities to progress our strategic growth plan.”
Nomenca Ltd has been trading since 1998 and is a specialist service provider, offering engineering services, design and construction, operation and maintenance of assets in industries including mechanical, electrical, water and engineering.
- Northumbrian Water Group CEO Mottram awarded CBE Heidi Mottram, chief executive of Northumbrian Water Group, has been awarded a CBE for services to the water industry and... Read More >
- WWC and WEC put water-energy nexus on the agenda The World Energy Council (WEC) and World Water Council (WWC) have joined forces to bring the issue of the water-energy... Read More >
- Is the UK prepared for another drought, asks McAlinden With some countries such as Australia and the US experiencing severe water stress, the Institution of Civil Engineer's Ben... Read More >
- Plastic pollution – what was the tipping point? Despite years of research, news stories concerning plastics and the pollution of the marine and water environment have... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >
- Analysis: Assessing lane rental's pros and cons While lane rental may be popular with many, Robin Hackett hears why the majority of utilities and contractors are fiercely... Read More >
- Opinion: Action needed on product specifications and skills BPF Pipes Group president Derek Muckle calls for a basic engineering and procurement skillset to set the standard for what... Read More >
- Bioresource data leads to focus on sludge quality The recent publication of data about the quantity and quality of sludge produced at water company wastewater treatment... Read More >