New engineering director for Nomenca
Nomenca, a subsidiary of North Midland Construction and a major contractor to the water sector, has appointed Gavin Stonard as its new engineering director.
Stonard was previously a director of Sweco UK, and has extensive knowledge of the UK and European water sectors. His new role will see him lead the company’s engineering services offering. His primary responsibilities will be the development of Nomenca’s engineering and asset optimisation services to provide a holistic asset lifecycle service, bringing together existing expertise in design, software development, off-site build, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance to develop Totex solutions for clients.
Andy Langman, managing director of Nomenca, said: “I am really pleased that Gavin has joined Nomenca. His wealth of knowledge and expertise within the Water sector will significantly help drive TotEx solutions and further efficiencies for our customers as well as delivering engineering excellence.”
John Homer, Chief Executive of Nomenca’s parent company, North Midland Construction Plc, added: “With the appointment of Gavin to strengthen our senior management and further investment in our complete life cycle offering, we see the potential for additional customer and market opportunities to progress our strategic growth plan.”
Nomenca Ltd has been trading since 1998 and is a specialist service provider, offering engineering services, design and construction, operation and maintenance of assets in industries including mechanical, electrical, water and engineering.
- Government announces £11M funding for energy R and D A funding competition to support UK companies' carrying out research and development in energy generation and supply has... Read More >
- UU shortlists seven for engineering services framework Seven companies have been shortlisted for United Utilities' (UU) Engineering Services Partners Framework agreement for... Read More >
- Balfour Beatty benefiting from transformation Balfour Beatty chief executive Leo Quinn said the group is “starting to see tangible benefits” from its transformation. Read More >
- Comment: What could retail competition do for customers? Domestic retail competition could provide an opportunity to look again at how we determine the price of water to the... Read More >
- Comment: Sludge all set for reform The opening of the bioresources market presents water companies with an opportunity to do things differently, but what... Read More >
- Interview: Ben Jeffs, Chief Executive, MOSL “The whole industry has really mobilised around market opening, and the water companies deserve credit for that.” Read More >
- Close-Up: Who will be the big fish in the new water retail market? With a £2.5BN new market for non-domestic water retail to open in England in April, joint ventures, incumbents and new... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.