New customer service director for Thames Water
Thames Water has promoted Kelly Macfarlane from her role as chief customer officer, to succeed Ian Cain as managing director, customer service and retail.
MacFarlane joined Thames Water in January from BT Openreach.
Steve Robertson, chief executive officer of Thames Water Utilities, said: “I’m delighted that Kelly has agreed to step up to this important post. In the few months that Kelly has been with us she has impressed everyone with her energy, ability and absolute determination to ensure that all our customers get the best possible service.
“Our performance has been improving, with a significant reduction in complaints and bad debt, increased levels of customer satisfaction, and many more customers choosing to manage their accounts online, but we are still well behind the best in the industry. That is a gap we are determined to close and I am confident that Kelly is the right person to lead our customer-facing teams on that journey.”
Kelly Macfarlane said: “I am delighted to have the opportunity to lead the retail service operations at Thames Water with a clear mandate and commitment to serve our customers well. I am passionate about service and customer outcomes and this is a great privilege and exciting opportunity to make a difference.”
Steve Robertson added: “I also want to take this opportunity to thank Ian Cain for all he has achieved over the last three and a half years, and for his strong contribution as a member of the Executive Team.
“Ian established the role of managing director for customer service and retail. He and his team have delivered significant improvements in customer satisfaction, laying foundations on which we will continue to build.”
- Thames Water issues EUR60M tender for automation services Thames Water has issued a tender worth between €25M and €60M for its control and automation systems and... Read More >
- Meter-U contracted to Thames meter reading framework Meter-U has been appointed to Lot 3 of Thames Water's AMP6 water meter reading and sales investigation service framework,... Read More >
- Ofwat sets out draft vision Ofwat chief executive Carthryn Ross has outlined a draft vision for regulating the English and Welsh water sectors. It... Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Front Line: Luke Petts, Metering Team Leader, Morrison Utility Services In this month's Front Line feature we meet Luke Petts, who leads the team of meter installers on Thames Water's Smart... Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >
- Comment: Water, with a splash of disruption Is there an alternative to 'rip and replace' when it comes to ageing analogue telemetry equipment? Craig Wellman looks at... Read More >
- Divisional Operations Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.
- Project Manager (Electrical & Instrumentation) SGN operates over 74,000km of gas mains and services in Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, we have a responsibility... Read more here.