New customer service director for Thames Water
Thames Water has promoted Kelly Macfarlane from her role as chief customer officer, to succeed Ian Cain as managing director, customer service and retail.
MacFarlane joined Thames Water in January from BT Openreach.
Steve Robertson, chief executive officer of Thames Water Utilities, said: “I’m delighted that Kelly has agreed to step up to this important post. In the few months that Kelly has been with us she has impressed everyone with her energy, ability and absolute determination to ensure that all our customers get the best possible service.
“Our performance has been improving, with a significant reduction in complaints and bad debt, increased levels of customer satisfaction, and many more customers choosing to manage their accounts online, but we are still well behind the best in the industry. That is a gap we are determined to close and I am confident that Kelly is the right person to lead our customer-facing teams on that journey.”
Kelly Macfarlane said: “I am delighted to have the opportunity to lead the retail service operations at Thames Water with a clear mandate and commitment to serve our customers well. I am passionate about service and customer outcomes and this is a great privilege and exciting opportunity to make a difference.”
Steve Robertson added: “I also want to take this opportunity to thank Ian Cain for all he has achieved over the last three and a half years, and for his strong contribution as a member of the Executive Team.
“Ian established the role of managing director for customer service and retail. He and his team have delivered significant improvements in customer satisfaction, laying foundations on which we will continue to build.”
- Health and safety drones a gamechanger, says Thames Using a new fleet of drones for inspecting large equipment will be a ‘gamechanger' for Thames Water’s health and safety... Read More >
- Thames Water professional services framework for Atkins Atkins is to provide engineering, commercial and environmental consultancy services to Thames Water under a new... Read More >
- Thames Water installs landmark 100,000th smart meter Thames Water has installed its landmark 100,000th smart meter, in the London Borough of Bexley. Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >
- Comment: Water, with a splash of disruption Is there an alternative to 'rip and replace' when it comes to ageing analogue telemetry equipment? Craig Wellman looks at... Read More >
- Interview: Anne Kemp, chair, UK BIM Alliance “It's come of age,” says Anne Kemp on why Building Information Modelling (BIM) has captured the imagination of the... Read More >
- Interview: Jeremy Heath, Innovation Manager, Sutton and East Surrey Water “ODIs have given us focus… it's simple to work out the tangible benefit of putting in a solution.” Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.