New chairman for SWIG
The Sensors for Water Interest Group (SWIG) has announced that Justin Dunning, Sales Manager of Chelsea Technologies Group, has taken over as chairman.
He replaces Leo Carswell, Principal Instrumentation Consultant of WRc, who has completed his two- year tenure in the role.
Dunning said that under his leadership, SWIG “will continue to work with manufacturers, end-users and researchers to encourage cross fertilisation of ideas to benefit the sectors we serve. We will organise workshops focusing on practical applications and addressing topical water measurement challenges. We have a good track record of facilitating successful collaborations and we will continue to enable collaboration between researchers, developers and end-users in the water sensor community.”
SWIG is a not for profit, knowledge-exchange and networking group holding events covering all aspects of water sensing. On 27-28 September this year it will be holding its 4th biennial Sensing in Water Conference and exhibition, which is anticipated to be bigger and better than ever. In 2015, 180 people attended Sensing in Water over the 2 days of the conference, including 12 major water companies, in addition to regulators, sensor manufacturers and distributors, researchers and consultants.
The group has now announced its call for papers for the 2017 conference, which is on the theme of ‘Meaningful measurement from the micro to the macro scale.’ Papers are invited on new and evolving sensing technologies for improved detection of chemical and biological targets in water; on the role and use of sensors at treatment works; examples of novel solutions and sensor applications in water and wastewater networks; and presentations on sensing systems for use in catchments.
Presentations will be 15-20 minutes and abstracts of 100 words for suggested presentations should be sent to SWIG’s Rosa Richards at email@example.com.
- Boil water notice for 250 homes in Somerset Wessex Water has issued 250 households in Somerset with a notice to boil their water after a routine test revealed water... Read More >
- Southern Water announces large bathing water investment Southern Water has announced the seven beaches where it will be working alongside local authorities and others to improve... Read More >
- Water companies must be consulted on fracking, says Water UK It should be compulsory for local authorities to consult with water companies before issuing licences for firms to carry... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.