Network Rail's pump rental deal for Selwood
Pump rental specialist Selwood has been awarded a three-year contract to supply pumping solutions to Network Rail for use on two of its key routes in and out of London.
Selwood was successful in a tender process to become a preferred supplier to the network for the London North Western and London North Eastern & East Midlands Routes. In a further success for Selwood, the Wales Route has subsequently been added to the agreement.
The contract confirms Selwood as one of Network Rail’s preferred suppliers of diesel and electric pumps for rental, and gives Network Rail the option to purchase pumps from the company if required.
Selwood has committed to providing its 24/7 callout services to Network Rail, including emergency cover and support for a range of planned maintenance and refurbishment operations. Equipment and engineers could be deployed for Network Rail from Selwood’s nationwide network of pump rental centres, with the contract covering the area along the routes from London all the way up to the Scottish borders.
Richard Brown, Selwood’s managing director for UK Pump Rental, said: “We are delighted to add Network Rail to the long list of partners which have chosen Selwood as a preferred supplier. Our industry-leading nationwide network of rental centres, coupled with our reputation for outstanding response times and gold-standard customer service, were key reasons for the success of this tender.”
- Danes test phosphorus extraction technology A Danish partnership project to test technologies to extract phosphorus from wastewater has been set up by the utility... Read More >
- New wastewater pumping system boosts efficiency at Heathrow A more efficient pumping system for wastewater has allowed Heathrow Airport's Water Services division to save money and... Read More >
- VSDs slash energy-use and downtime for Thames Fitting variable speed drives (VSD) to inlet pumps at Newbury sewage treatment works (STW) has achieved major savings on... Read More >
- Powering the pumps: electric or diesel? The question of which power source to use for portable pump sets can be a difficult one, with both electric and diesel... Read More >
- Archimedes screw pumps boost infrastructure in Mansfield Archimedes screw pumps may work on a centuries-old design but they are still the most efficient way of lifting water over... Read More >
- Comment: Brexit and the pump industry Exiting the European Community and dismantling our ties to EU Laws, via the Government's introduction of the Great Repeal... Read More >
- Round Table: Pumps and energy Performance monitoring supported by technology and condition-based maintenance are two of the key factors in optimising... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with… dosing pumps Dosing pumps are mission critical appliances that must operate reliably and efficiently, as the success of processes such... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.