Network Rail's pump rental deal for Selwood
Pump rental specialist Selwood has been awarded a three-year contract to supply pumping solutions to Network Rail for use on two of its key routes in and out of London.
Selwood was successful in a tender process to become a preferred supplier to the network for the London North Western and London North Eastern & East Midlands Routes. In a further success for Selwood, the Wales Route has subsequently been added to the agreement.
The contract confirms Selwood as one of Network Rail’s preferred suppliers of diesel and electric pumps for rental, and gives Network Rail the option to purchase pumps from the company if required.
Selwood has committed to providing its 24/7 callout services to Network Rail, including emergency cover and support for a range of planned maintenance and refurbishment operations. Equipment and engineers could be deployed for Network Rail from Selwood’s nationwide network of pump rental centres, with the contract covering the area along the routes from London all the way up to the Scottish borders.
Richard Brown, Selwood’s managing director for UK Pump Rental, said: “We are delighted to add Network Rail to the long list of partners which have chosen Selwood as a preferred supplier. Our industry-leading nationwide network of rental centres, coupled with our reputation for outstanding response times and gold-standard customer service, were key reasons for the success of this tender.”
- Pumps provide saltwater solution for seafood firm Rotary lobe pumps made by Borger have helped enhance production at one of the UK's top processors of shellfish. Read More >
- Private pumps transfer creates customer challenge The transfer of private pumping stations to water companies represents a unique customer service challenge because of... Read More >
- Anglian fined £50k for Essex sewage spill Anglian Water has been fined £50,000 after sewage contaminated a brook through an emergency overflow pipe killing more than... Read More >
- Becoming a smart pump buyer When specifying a new pumping system, asset owners need to be able to answer key questions about their requirements,... Read More >
- Dewatering pump maintenance: Keep moving Maintaining your dewatering pumps goes a long way, writes Joe Moser, pump product manager, Atlas Copco Construction... Read More >
- Offsite build for Affinity pumping station Taking a pioneering new approach to a borehole pumping station upgrade in Essex, Affinity Water minimised asset downtime... Read More >
- Anglian Water ends long search to improve pump station efficiency After nearly six years, Anglian Water has finally found a solution to improve efficiency at one of the largest raw water... Read More >
- Hidrostal solves problematic pump issue in residential development When a network pumping station in the Anglian Water region was suffering from repeated blockages, a more effective... Read More >