Murphy works on next phase of Thames' leak prevention scheme
J Murphy & Sons is upgrading pressure valves across Thames Water's water network and creating new pressure management areas as part of a £1.3M contract.
Working for Thames Water’s eight2O alliance, Murphy said the works stretch from Merton to Hertfordshire, and from south-east London to Middlesex.
It is the tenth phase of works on what has been “an ambitious and long-running” leak prevention project. The water team at Murphy has successfully carried out six previous phases of this valve replacement project over a two-year period.
Stuart Rothery, director of water at Murphy, said: “Murphy has been appointed to work on this project as a result of successfully delivering on previous phases of this valve replacement project. Our expert team of engineers will ensure the project runs smoothly, reducing leakage across the water network, meeting the highest standards.”
The works involve up to 12 teams of engineers and operatives working in parallel across 50 locations in the South-east.
Work is due to be completed in early 2017.
- Oasen staff visit DCWW in employee exchange programme Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW) and Dutch water company Oasen Drinkwater have completed the first stage of their... Read More >
- Thames fixes faulty loos for free in Oxford scheme Thames Water is targeting a 1M litre-per-day saving in Oxford's water consumption by offering to fix faulty toilets for... Read More >
- Thames Water goes out to tender with £900M infrastructure deal Thames Water is to hold an event in July to meet forward-thinking suppliers interested in tendering for its £900M AMP6... Read More >
- Drilling and Tapping: The Mains Man Jason Barratt's skill in drilling and tapping water mains has led to him competing around the world as well as advancing... Read More >
- Comment: Keeping up the pressure on leaks Variable speed drives could play a greater role in helping water utilities reduce leakage caused by excess pressure in the... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Leakage: Acoustic loggers strike the right note for Affinity Water Affinity Water has taken leakage detection in its network to new levels by fitting 20,000 permanent acoustic loggers... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.