Murphy strengthens water offering with ADBI takeover
Murphy has taken over AECOM Design Build Ireland (ADBI). The decision to buy ADBI helps Murphy broaden its water offering to meet market needs.
The company said the acquisition will strengthen its existing presence in the sector by bringing significant design, engineering, commissioning, operations and maintenance expertise to its water sector offering, notably in Ireland.
These skills mean Murphy will be in a strong position as it expands further into complex and integrated work, in particular as clients in both the UK and Ireland set out their future investment plans. ADBI’s clients include Irish Water and Northern Ireland Water.
Steve Hollingshead, chief executive officer at Murphy, said: “This is an exciting acquisition for Murphy and one that really adds to our skills and experience in the market. It will build on our current offering, and really improve the value and service we can give to our clients and their customers. It is also another positive step forward in our ambitious business plan to grow and develop Murphy over the next decade.”
- Atkins plans Chinese city river restoration project Engineering consultancy Atkins has completed a plan for the restoration and landscape design of the Dongliang River in... Read More >
- SWW becomes first water company to adopt i2O's iNet South West Water (SWW) has become the first water company to adopt new data analytics software from smart water network... Read More >
- Jet Aire carries out drainage improvements for drug development firm Leeds-based drainage company Jet Aire has started an extensive contract to carry out sensitive drainage improvements at a... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.