Murphy strengthens water offering with ADBI takeover
Murphy has taken over AECOM Design Build Ireland (ADBI). The decision to buy ADBI helps Murphy broaden its water offering to meet market needs.
The company said the acquisition will strengthen its existing presence in the sector by bringing significant design, engineering, commissioning, operations and maintenance expertise to its water sector offering, notably in Ireland.
These skills mean Murphy will be in a strong position as it expands further into complex and integrated work, in particular as clients in both the UK and Ireland set out their future investment plans. ADBI’s clients include Irish Water and Northern Ireland Water.
Steve Hollingshead, chief executive officer at Murphy, said: “This is an exciting acquisition for Murphy and one that really adds to our skills and experience in the market. It will build on our current offering, and really improve the value and service we can give to our clients and their customers. It is also another positive step forward in our ambitious business plan to grow and develop Murphy over the next decade.”
- Irish Water to replace Swords trunk main in EUR 8M project Irish Water is to invest €8M in a project to replace the strategic trunk main in Swords, County Dublin, in order to... Read More >
- EA job losses threatens good water resource management, says union The projected cut of up to 1,700 jobs at the Environment Agency (EA) jobs will increase the risk of flooding and threaten... Read More >
- EA's £300M Thames estuary flood defence deal goes to CH2M Hill The £300M contract for the Thames Estuary Asset Management Programme has been awarded to CH2M Hill by the Environment... Read More >
- Dewatering pump maintenance: Keep moving Maintaining your dewatering pumps goes a long way, writes Joe Moser, pump product manager, Atlas Copco Construction... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >
- Analysis: Assessing lane rental's pros and cons While lane rental may be popular with many, Robin Hackett hears why the majority of utilities and contractors are fiercely... Read More >
- Interview: New Eric Wright Water MD Neal Whittle Eric Wright Water's new managing director, Neal Whittle, tells Robin Hackett about the importance of delivering on... Read More >
- Trant Engineering: Forward thinking Now positioned as a multi-discipline, innovation-focused contractor, Trant Engineering is aiming high - and says its... Read More >