Mouchel wins Welsh drainage project work
Mouchel has been appointed by Dwr Cymru Welsh Water to work on two key sustainable drainage plans (SDPs) as part of its AMP6 asset management consultancy framework.
The plans, worth around £140,000, cover 14 rural water catchments in the north of Wales including the large town of Wrexham. These latest awards add to the 15 SDPs already awarded to Mouchel that are centred on the South Wales towns of Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Port Talbot.
Mouchel, which was recently acquired by global professional services consultancy WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, will be providing a range of consultancy services including stakeholder engagement, catchment planning, risk management, pollution prevention strategy, maintenance and rehab plans, and Rainscape (SuDS) assessment and solutions.
Mouchel was appointed to Welsh Water’s AMP6 framework in September 2015. Through the framework Mouchel is supporting Welsh Water deliver their vision for sustainable drainage plans, utilising best practice approaches within the investment planning sector. Overall, the framework covers 30,000 km of sewers, 1,912 sewage pumping stations and 838 wastewater treatment works.
Andrew Power, Mouchel technical manager for water, said: “This appointment is testament to our previous efforts and our strong working relationship with Welsh Water. This win will provide significant opportunities for the water team in Sutton Coldfield over the next 18 months, which will allow us to develop staff in key technical skills in the water sector and provide an excellent ongoing service for Wales.”
- Wessex Water begins Burnham bathing water project Work is underway on a £39M project to significantly improve the quality of bathing water at Burnham-on-sea in Somerset, in... Read More >
- Ofwat explains Thames price increase refusal Ofwat used comparative information provided by other water and sewerage companies to support its decisions concerning... Read More >
- Jet vac tanker tackles concrete in sewers Lanes Utilities is deploying a new 12,000 PSI jet vac tanker to tackle the menace of cowboy builders who dispose of... Read More >
- 360-degree training gives sewer workers full picture A unique training facility at the Slough office of Thames Water contractor Lanes Group allows for an immersive employee... Read More >
- Interview: Lawrence Gosden, MD, Wastewater, Thames Water This month we talk to Lawrence Gosden, MD for wastewater at Thames Water, about building flood resilience in London and... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... sewer jetting Jetting is an important tool for clearing sewer blockages, but care must be taken to use the right pressure for the pipe... Read More >
- Fats, oil and grease need clear thinking Latest research from Cranfield has shone a light on the characteristics of of fats, oil and grease (FOG) droplets entering... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Ice Pigging An innovative method of cleaning pipes, ice pigging is now being seen as a viable option for wastewater as well as clean... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.