Mouchel wins Welsh drainage project work
Mouchel has been appointed by Dwr Cymru Welsh Water to work on two key sustainable drainage plans (SDPs) as part of its AMP6 asset management consultancy framework.
The plans, worth around £140,000, cover 14 rural water catchments in the north of Wales including the large town of Wrexham. These latest awards add to the 15 SDPs already awarded to Mouchel that are centred on the South Wales towns of Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Port Talbot.
Mouchel, which was recently acquired by global professional services consultancy WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, will be providing a range of consultancy services including stakeholder engagement, catchment planning, risk management, pollution prevention strategy, maintenance and rehab plans, and Rainscape (SuDS) assessment and solutions.
Mouchel was appointed to Welsh Water’s AMP6 framework in September 2015. Through the framework Mouchel is supporting Welsh Water deliver their vision for sustainable drainage plans, utilising best practice approaches within the investment planning sector. Overall, the framework covers 30,000 km of sewers, 1,912 sewage pumping stations and 838 wastewater treatment works.
Andrew Power, Mouchel technical manager for water, said: “This appointment is testament to our previous efforts and our strong working relationship with Welsh Water. This win will provide significant opportunities for the water team in Sutton Coldfield over the next 18 months, which will allow us to develop staff in key technical skills in the water sector and provide an excellent ongoing service for Wales.”
- Kier sells Mouchel Consulting for £75M Kier Group has sold Mouchel Consulting to WSP Global for a total consideration of £75M, satisfied in cash, as it continues... Read More >
- Hawksley launches in the UK Hawksley Consulting, a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Global, has launched in the UK and plans to be operating globally by... Read More >
- Severn Trent says dead fish in Telford sewers are not piranhas Freshwater tilapia - not piranhas as was previously thought – are probably the reason for a blocked sewer in Telford,... Read More >
- Pipe liner does the trick for mending rising main A trenchless solution was found for a rising main sewer in Norfolk which had suffered from repeated bursts Read More >
- Rise of the 'wipe wash' clogs UK's drains and sewers A trend for using wet wipes to clean the body could be partly responsible for the repeated blockages which are the scourge... Read More >
- Private drains and sewers transfer - six years on October 2011 marked a major change in the way sewers and drains running from private properties into the public sewer... Read More >
- Out of Order With women and girls across the globe still waiting for access to basic sanitation, western-style sewers are probably not... Read More >
- The Rights and Wrongs of Misconnections Appliances which have been incorrectly connected to surface drains rather than sewers are a significant cause of... Read More >