Morrison Utility Services' parent buys Dyer and Butler
Regional civil engineering and building contractor Dyer & Butler has entered into an agreement to be acquired by a holding company of First Reserve, a global private equity investment firm with US$31bn of aggregate capital raised since inception.
In September 2016, this same holding company acquired Morrison Utility Services, a leading provider of utility infrastructure services in the UK.
The new ownership and associated company structure is expected to provide Dyer & Butler with broader strengths and expertise, whilst offering greater scale and resources to support continued growth.
Dyer & Butler builds, maintains and renews infrastructure within both the public and private sector, delivering civil engineering, building and M&E projects of all sizes for some of the UK’s largest asset infrastructure companies. The company’s projects are undertaken principally for regulated clients in airports and rail, including long-term framework and partnership contracts with asset owners that include Heathrow Airport Holdings, Gatwick Airport, Network Rail, London Underground and Transport for London.
Neil Edwards, managing director of Dyer & Butler, said: “This represents an exciting step in our continued development and, with the additional support of First Reserve and our sister company Morrison Utility Services, we have the opportunity to strengthen and accelerate the growth of our business. To this end, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Jim Arnold (chief executive of Morrison Utility Services) to the Dyer & Butler Board.”
Morrison Utility Services chief executive Jim Arnold commented: “Dyer & Butler has forged an excellent market reputation for the successful delivery of construction services in regulated, safety critical sectors. Its competent workforce operates across a diverse range of sectors. I’m delighted to welcome Dyer & Butler as a sister company and look forward to working with and supporting the existing team to help grow their business.”
- UU sues builder for £500,000 over sewer blocked by concrete United Utilities has announced it is suing a house builder for £500,000 after it stopped people flushing their toilets by... Read More >
- Sweco appoints head of water and asset management Engineering, environment and design consultancy Sweco UK has strengthened its leadership team with the appointment of a... Read More >
- Severn Trent adopts new technique for for East Midlands pipeline Severn Trent Water and contract partner Laing O'Rourke are installing a new 9km water pipeline in the Derby area to... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.