Morrison Data Services snaps up Meter-U
Morrison Data Services, a leading UK data collection, data management and meter maintenance service provider to UK energy suppliers, has bought Meter-U, a wholly- owned subsidiary of the EnServe Group.
Predominantly offering services to water utilities, Meter-U’s services include meter reading and data collection services for domestic and non-domestic premises. Other services include meter data management, leakage reporting, client revenue protection and meter replacement activities. With a field force of more than 400 personnel, the company manages the data from four million meters, collecting 17 million-plus meter reads a year throughout the UK and Ireland.
Simon Best, managing director of Morrison Data Services, said: “Meter-U’s service offering to water utility companies mirrors those that we provide to the energy sector. This acquisition will enable Morrison Data Services to further develop our utility data collection field force in the UK and combine our joint capabilities across both energy and water.
“With a strong order book and long-term frameworks secured with a number of major utility companies, this acquisition will present significant, ongoing growth and diversification opportunities for our business.”
Matthew Hardcastle, managing firector of Meter-U, said: “Meter-U is delighted to join forces with Morrison Data Services as we look to identify growth opportunities and capitalise upon our expertise, particularly in water retail data collection activities. Our acquisition by Morrison Data Services is a natural and important step in our evolution and will offer numerous benefits as we become part of a larger infrastructure service provider group.”
Morrison group chief executive Jim Arnold added: “We are delighted to welcome Meter-U to the group. This acquisition will provide Morrison Data Services with a strategic platform for further growth and expansion into the water sector and we look forward to working with the team to identify and develop the new areas of opportunity this brings.”
- WaterSmart helps South Staffs Water deliver measurable outcomes WaterSmart Software has announced a new strategic partnership with South Staffs Water to engage with the utility's end-use... Read More >
- Affinity Water to install 280K meters by 2020 Affinity Water has said it will aim to install 280,000 meters in customers' homes by 2020. Read More >
- Collaboration needed for industry to make the most of data How do we get the most of the data that we collect as an industry? How do we get “meaningful” measurement? This was the... Read More >
- Data science - putting it all together It's only when different data sources are pooled and cross-correlated that the full power of IoT analytics and artificial... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >