Martin Baggs joins board of WRc
WRc, the innovation consultancy in the water, gas, waste and resources sectors, has appointed Martin Baggs as a non-executive member of its board.
Baggs recently stepped down as CEO of Thames Water, after leading the company for seven years. In his time at Thames he was responsible for overseeing the development of the £4.2BN Thames Tideway Tunnel, and the formation of the three major alliances encompassing the key sector delivery partners in new long term strategic partnership arrangements promoting collaboration and innovation. Prior to his time at Thames, he was an executive director at Macquarie with responsibility for the portfolio of utility investments across Europe including gas distribution networks, metering and renewables businesses.
His long career in the water industry has also seen him undertake senior roles at South East Water and Southern Water. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers and a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Water Conservators.
Martin Baggs said: “This is an exciting time to be joining WRc and I look forward to working with the Board and the Executive team as the company continues to grow driving innovation across industry whilst also providing key services as a trusted independent advisor.”
Ron Chapman, Chairman of WRc, added: “We are delighted to have someone of Martin’s calibre join the WRc Board and look forward to working with him to support the executive team during this period of rapid expansion.”
- Electro Scan agrees partnership with WRc WRc has agreed a partnership with US firm Electro Scan to offer its innovative pipe condition assessment solutions to the... Read More >
- Second ETV Innovation workshop from WRc Water research company WRc is hosting a workshop on the Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) scheme for innovative... Read More >
- 'Golden opportunity' to end boom and bust Government recommendations that could resolve the long-standing issues of cyclicality in the water sector present... Read More >
- New Sludge Conference to be part of Wastewater 2018 The UK's largest wastewater event - Wastewater 2018, organised by WWT - is set to return to Birmingham on 30th January and... Read More >
- Comment: Moving sensors from the lab to the real world Innovative sensor technologies of various materials are out there - the key now is to apply them effectively and to make... Read More >
- Innovation: The New Rock and Roll? In this feature interview we talk to Nigel Watson, Group Information Services Director at Northumbrian Water, about the... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Ending the nightmare of wet-wipe pump blockages An ingenious device developed in partnership with Scottish Water promises to reduce wastewater pump maintenance by... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.