Land and Water scoops two major wins
Waterways contractor Land & Water has landed the multimillion-pound Canal & River Trust national dredging contract, making it dredging supplier to the trust for the next ten years. This award came just days after the company won a place on all four lots of the Environment Agency's South-east region minor works framework.
The dredging tenders were supported by Land & Water’s environmental strategy, part of which includes constructing a series of improved wildlife habitats across the UK. These habitats will be formed by reusing dredged sediments and other soils to re-engineer a string of redundant waste sites, turning wasteland into wildlife havens.
The sites will allow Land & Water to reclaim and reuse silt and other materials from dredging and associated infrastructure projects thus contributing to their commitment to work towards a less than 10% disposal policy.
Adrian Gascoyne, managing director at Land & Water Services, said: “Land & Water always strive to work in partnership with our clients. We are keen to maximise the collaborative advantages available from true team work, workspace sharing and early project involvement. We call ourselves ‘imagineers’ because we are highly committed to driving value though innovation, forward planning, sequential work programming and adjoining projects.
“This not only minimises mobilisation costs (it can cost up to £50k to put all the equipment required onto the water) but also allows us to shorten the project lifecycle, saving time, money and lessening any environmental impact. In delivering these frameworks we worked hard to firstly understand our client’s problems, solve them, add value and then we have provided a suit of collaborative ideas that will improve our collective businesses.”
- Severn Trent blames leaking valve for pollution incident The Environment Agency (EA) is investigating a pollution incident after sewage leaked into the River Biam in Aylestone,... Read More >
- Miller Homes fined for silt and sediment pollution in watercourse Home building company Miller Homes has been fined £100,000 over a pollution incident that involved water containing silt... Read More >
- Castleford firm fined £9K for unauthorised water discharge A Castleford engineering company has been fined £9,000 and ordered to pay £2,415.03 in costs over a pollution incident... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.