Jet Aire carries out drainage improvements for drug development firm
Leeds-based drainage company Jet Aire has started an extensive contract to carry out sensitive drainage improvements at a chemical manufacturing facility in Manchester for drug development company CARBOGEN AMCIS.
The programme of works follows the completion of an initial contract to undertake a full site cleanse with high-pressure water jetting and a CCTV condition survey, which required Jet Aire’s Zone 1 Rated Atex explosion-proof camera system to navigate certain sections of the site where it was necessary to take extra precautionary measures to undertake the work.
The survey, which also required a team of engineers qualified in high-risk confined space entry, identified various remedial requirements. To address these issues the second contract involves traditional excavation and relaying to address pipe collapses as well as patch and lining repairs where the drain runs can be saved. Works are scheduled for completion in December.
Jet Aire managing director Charlie Kirk said: “Industrial environments of a potentially hazardous nature require specialist professionals and technology. Jet Aire’s investment in both has enabled us to compete for these types of contract and establish business with major names such as CARBOGEN AMCIS. The programme must be completed with minimum disruption to site operations and this will also require our specialist expertise in its planning and execution.”
- Polypipe's Ridgistorm-XL pipe overcomes space constraints Polypipe has been working closely with Yorkshire Water and RAB Engineering Design to provide an innovative solution for a... Read More >
- New no-dig technology extends pipe life for Yorkshire Water Yorkshire Water plans to use a new ‘no dig' pipe lining system to increase the lifespan of its underground sewers and... Read More >
- Wipes blamed for Whitehall sewer 'fatberg' Ever wondered what lurks beneath the powers that be in Whitehall? Well, Thames Water has found the answer - a fatberg!... Read More >
- Interview: Lawrence Gosden, MD, Wastewater, Thames Water This month we talk to Lawrence Gosden, MD for wastewater at Thames Water, about building flood resilience in London and... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with… highway pollution Pollution from urban highways, trunk roads and motorways poses significant risks to the environment from toxic metals and... Read More >
- Rainwater spin-out companies offer innovative path Researchers from the University of Exeter's Centre for Water Systems are putting the latest rainwater harvesting and SuDS... Read More >
- Project Focus: Anglian Water uses mapping tool for retrofit SuDS As part of its plans to shape and develop its surface water management strategy, Anglian Water has been working with a... Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Making the case for resilience Building resilience requires water utilities to have a clear and systematic understanding of risk across their business,... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.