Jacopa enters tertiary treatment market
Wastewater systems and solutions provider Jacopa is entering the UK and Ireland tertiary treatment market with a range of high-performance, low-operating cost, cloth media tertiary filters for wastewater treatment.
The move marks a watershed for the company as it consolidates and builds on its wastewater treatment expertise to provide a one-stop-shop for wastewater treatment products and services.
The FFP fixed plate cloth media filters are manufactured by American company Fluidyne, an established innovator in filtration technologies which supplies wastewater process equipment and technology across the world. The FFP filters are recognised internationally as an ideal solution for phosphorus removal in wastewater treatment works, and have a wide range of further applications.
As volumes of wastewater generated in the UK and Ireland continue to grow so does the market for wastewater treatment technologies. In industry, new applications for reused water are rapidly emerging, and more efficient water recycling and process technologies can lead to a reduced water footprint across the water utility and industrial sectors.
The deployment of tertiary treatment processes to polish effluents, reducing concentrations of suspended solids is well established and requirements to achieve higher standards is leading to increased interest in priority substance removal including phosphorus, putting more reliance upon tertiary treatment to maintain compliance with ever tightening consent standards.
Fluidyne filters remove suspended solids down to 10 microns and can be configured for flows ranging up to 250 litres/s per unit. The filters are provided as completely factory assembled freestanding modular stainless steel packages, additionally modules can be retrofitted into new or existing concrete basins. The packages are built offsite and delivered fully assembled requiring simply power and piping connections. The efficient installation and set up reduce costs and site health and safety risks.
Tertiary suspended solids and phosphorus removal are seen as key applications in the UK and Ireland, though the cloth filters have multiple potential uses both for municipal and industrial applications upstream and downstream of other treatment processes.
The Fluidyne distributorship “underlines the company’s commitment to excellent, robust and well-tested technologies that provide clients with cost-effective, reliable, best-in-class solutions that fully meet their specific requirements,” according to Jacopa. “Entering the tertiary market is a logical next step in the company’s mission to provide a full range of solutions to clients, and the FFP cloth filter brings a well-tested, widely acclaimed and much needed product to the UK and Ireland market.”
- Biwater wins reverse osmosis deal in US TA Loving Company has awarded Biwater a reverse osmosis (RO) contract in North Carolina to support Dixon Water Treatment... Read More >
- FilterClear technology included in Anglian Water framework Anglian Water has included Bluewater Bio International's (BwB) high performance multimedia filtration technology... Read More >
- UU outlines £80M scheme to upgrade Oldham STW United Utilities (UU) is to outline its £80M plans for Oldham's sewage treatment system in what it describes as “the... Read More >
- Opinion: Phosphorus just one of the problem pollutants Phosphorus may be front of mind for wastewater treatment in the UK at the moment, but this emphasis should not mean that... Read More >
- DAF and municipal wastewater: a versatile option There is growing awareness of how Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) can be successfully used throughout the process stream at... Read More >
- Expert View: Phosphorus removal made simple With the water industry seeking efficient ways to remove phosphorus (P), the C-TECH biological process is one solution... Read More >
- Treating the Blues: Low-cost, sustainable nitrate treatment Advances in biotechnology now mean that low-cost, sustainable nitrate treatment for drinking water and wastewater is... Read More >
- MBBRs: Putting wastewater to bed Moving Bed Bioreactors (MBBRs) are the filtration method of choice for many operators looking to remove BOD, ammonia and... Read More >