Jacobs wins Thames Water consultancy work
Jacobs Engineering Group has been selected by Thames Water to provide engineering and environmental consultancy services for the remainder of AMP6.
The framework, which operates until 2020, also has options to extend to the end of AMP8 in 2030.
Under the deal, Jacobs will carry out engineering work for Thames across all asset areas, with a scope including identifying, defining and validating needs; providing feasibility studies; identifying operational and delivery efficiencies; preliminary and detailed design; and project management across all engineering disciplines.
The environmental scope includes strategic planning for drought and water resources management; outcomes and performance commitments measurement and optimization; odour and environmental impact assessments; ecological surveys; flow monitoring; water quality sampling; and project management.
Both areas of work include providing support to Thames Water in its dealings with regulators and stakeholders.
“We are delighted to be supporting Thames Water with their priorities for enhancing service to customers, underpinned by responsible environmental management,” said Bob Duff, Senior Vice President of Buildings and Infrastructure at Jacobs. “We are well positioned to leverage our global water resources expertise to help deliver sustainable, pragmatic solutions, particularly as Thames Water moves towards future planning cycles.”
Jacobs provides professional services to its clients’ water, wastewater, and flood control challenges across the world. Support ranges from advice on regulatory requirements, energy and utility master planning, water and waste treatment, reuse and networks, irrigation, dams and reservoirs, and more. The company employs 54,000 people and operates in more than 25 countries around the world.
- Retail bosses quit Thames Water ahead of market opening Graham Southall, managing director of Thames Water Commercial Services, and Rupert Kruger, Thames Water's head of business... Read More >
- Lanes removes ten-tonne Chelsea 'fatberg' Lanes Utilities is removing a ten-tonne fatberg from a sewer under streets in West London.The 50m-long fatberg was so... Read More >
- Thames Water slams 'irresponsible' builder for sewer blockage Thames Water has described the actions of an unknown builder as "selfish and irresponsible" as it is forced to dig out 10m... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.