Irish Water awards 20-year deal to Veolia
Optimised resource management company Veolia has won a 20-year contract with Irish Water. The deal includes an €18.4M upgrade in wastewater infrastructure in Co Donegal.
The design, build and operation contract is for the upgrading of the facility at Convoy and building three new facilities at Killybegs, Bundoran, and Glencolumbkille.
In total the facilities will be able to treat 20,700 person equivalents (p.e) of wastewater and include the upgrade of pumping stations and improved sewage network. The new contract will ensure the EU Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive standards are met.
Construction is scheduled to start in the spring, and is scheduled for completion in two years’ time.
Pat Gilroy, country director at Veolia Ireland, said, “Helping Ireland to manage its precious natural resources is our priority for 2016. Together we will work with Irish Water to support this upgrade in waste water treatment infrastructure which also builds in increased capacity to allow for economic growth.”
- Grit removal from wastewater reveals digester efficiencies The installation of a grit removal process at a large wastewater treatment works can create TOTEX efficiencies by reducing... Read More >
- Endress+Hauser and Royal Haskoning agree Nereda deal Royal HaskoningDHV and Endress + Hauser have agreed a deal which will see the latter become a preferred supplier for... Read More >
- Mott MacDonald designs Thames Tideway's eastern section Mott MacDonald has announced it is designing the eastern section of the Thames Tideway Tunnel for the Costain, VINCI... Read More >
- Ross-shire Engineering: Aiming High With its latest modular water treatment plant having hit new heights in terms of scale and ambition, Ross-shire... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >
- Digital engineering for the totex environment Digitalisation of the design and construction process as well as the use of intelligent piping and instrumentation... Read More >
- Dewatering pump maintenance: Keep moving Maintaining your dewatering pumps goes a long way, writes Joe Moser, pump product manager, Atlas Copco Construction... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >