Irish Water awards 20-year deal to Veolia
Optimised resource management company Veolia has won a 20-year contract with Irish Water. The deal includes an €18.4M upgrade in wastewater infrastructure in Co Donegal.
The design, build and operation contract is for the upgrading of the facility at Convoy and building three new facilities at Killybegs, Bundoran, and Glencolumbkille.
In total the facilities will be able to treat 20,700 person equivalents (p.e) of wastewater and include the upgrade of pumping stations and improved sewage network. The new contract will ensure the EU Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive standards are met.
Construction is scheduled to start in the spring, and is scheduled for completion in two years’ time.
Pat Gilroy, country director at Veolia Ireland, said, “Helping Ireland to manage its precious natural resources is our priority for 2016. Together we will work with Irish Water to support this upgrade in waste water treatment infrastructure which also builds in increased capacity to allow for economic growth.”
- GBV carries out River Thames Scheme appraisal GBV, the joint venture comprising Galliford Try and Black & Veatch, is to carry out a major appraisal study for the... Read More >
- EPS and Sisk JV to build treatment works for Irish Water A joint venture between EPS and Sisk Construction has won the contract to design and build the 65,000 population... Read More >
- Endress+Hauser and Royal Haskoning agree Nereda deal Royal HaskoningDHV and Endress + Hauser have agreed a deal which will see the latter become a preferred supplier for... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.