Ian Mellor named new Stonbury MD
Stonbury has named Ian Mellor as its new managing director.
Mellor, previously operations director, fills the role vacated by James Stonor, who this month starts his new position as chief executive officer for Stonbury Group.
Mellor has also appointed QSE manager Stephen Brown and operations manager Chris Challands to the board of directors.
Both Jon Featherstone and Jon Perryman remain in their current positions as delivery directors, with the additional appointment of new contracts directors Michael Campling, who has served Stonbury for over 25 years, and Vernon Cowan, who returns to the company after a 10-year sabbatical at Affinity Water.
Mellor said: “I am delighted to be appointed as new MD for Stonbury and will continue to progress James’ vision of a modern, diverse, professional and safe company to work in. I, of course, recognise the importance of a well thought-out system, which we will continue to improve upon as an organisation. This means we can continue to attract and retain great people, as, without them, there is no organisation at all.”
Stonbury is a specialist contractor to the water industry.
- Two new board appointments for Wessex Water Wessex Water Services has announced the appointment of Andy Pymer as managing director and James Rider as chief operating... Read More >
- Board changes at Thames Water Thames Water has announced two changes to its executive board, with Chief Financial Officer Stuart Siddall retiring and... Read More >
- Morrison Utility Services appoints Jim Arnold as Chief Operating Officer Morrison Utility Services has announced the appointment of Jim Arnold to the position of Chief Operating Officer (COO). Read More >
- Ross-shire Engineering: Aiming High With its latest modular water treatment plant having hit new heights in terms of scale and ambition, Ross-shire... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >
- Digital engineering for the totex environment Digitalisation of the design and construction process as well as the use of intelligent piping and instrumentation... Read More >
- Dewatering pump maintenance: Keep moving Maintaining your dewatering pumps goes a long way, writes Joe Moser, pump product manager, Atlas Copco Construction... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >