HR Wallingford and G-tec collaborate on underwater sound surveys
HR Wallingford and Belgian-based survey and monitoring company G-tec have announced a new collaboration to deliver integrated underwater sound surveys, numerical modelling and consultancy services worldwide.
Before consent is given to build in the marine environment, developers must often assess how much underwater sound will be generated during the construction and operation of a facility, and assess any potential impact on marine life. Both before and during construction, they commonly monitor and report actual sound levels to ensure they understand and adhere to thresholds.
HR Wallingford, a UK-based international specialist consultancy and research organisation, focuses on water and the water-environment. It has developed tools to model underwater sound and its potential impact on marine ecosystems.
G-tec provides geophysical, geotechnical and environmental investigations in offshore, coastal, onshore and riverine environments.
Working together, HR Wallingford and G-tec will deliver a comprehensive package of services to support developments in the marine environment including modelling, fieldwork and specialist consultancy relating to underwater sound. HR Wallingford will conduct detailed numerical sound modelling using a suite of validated modelling tools, and provide specialist ecological / environmental consultancy, with G-tec undertaking bespoke in-situ monitoring of baseline, and during construction, sound levels.
Dr Mark Lee, dredging group manager, said: “HR Wallingford has had a strong relationship with G-tec for a number of years, arising from both companies’ contributions to the development of expert industry guidance. At HR Wallingford we very much look forward to continuing our work with G-tec through combining each company’s established underwater sound capabilities to provide an exciting new, integrated offering to clients worldwide.”
- Northern Ireland water sector stakeholders to meet in Belfast Senior leaders from the Northern Ireland government, environmental and economic regulators, utilities, NGOs, contractors,... Read More >
- BIM proves vital for pipework at Liverpool WwTW Almost 400m of very large diameter, fabricated steel and ductile iron pipework has all been completed using Building... Read More >
- Irish Republic's Water Services Act becomes law The Water Services (No.2) Act 2013 to establish a new national water utility as a state-owned subsidiary within Bord Gáis... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.