Hitachi to deliver near real-time analytics for SWW
Hitachi Consulting, a leading provider of IoT analytics solutions, technology consulting and managed services, has announced a new strategic supplier relationship with South West Water (SWW). Both companies will work together over the next three years to bring the power of near real-time analytics to South West Water and make company processes more agile.
The arrangement will see Hitachi deliver a range of IoT solutions combining operational technology, including Supervisory Control and Data Access (SCADA) and telemetry data with enterprise IT information. This will enable SWW to make faster, more informed decisions to improve customer service, predict operational performance, deploy maintenance solutions more effectively and comply with industry regulation.
Kevin Nankivell, SWW’s head of information technology, said: “We collect huge volumes of data on water quality, network performance, customer service, maintenance and a variety of other measures, and it can be a challenge to consolidate and analyse these sources of information in a cost effective manner. We chose Hitachi Consulting as our strategic supplier because it has significant experience of delivering new capabilities to organisations using the latest Microsoft Azure technologies. The company’s expertise with data will ensure the project runs quickly and efficiently, helping us to mitigate risk and drive sustainable change within the organisation.”
Claire Thomas, senior account manager at Hitachi Consulting, said: “South West Water has ambitious plans to change the way data is used, to make it a key strategic asset within its organisation, and we are delighted to be working closely with their team to help realise this goal. There is a significant amount of change taking place across the water industry at present. The opportunities for implementing new technologies present fantastic possibilities in terms of improving business processes and customer experience.”
Damian Stirrett, general manager of enterprise partner group Microsoft UK, said: “We are delighted that South West Water has chosen to implement Microsoft’s Azure Platform to drive the advancement of Business Intelligence capabilities across the organisation. The combination of South West Water’s aims for operational advances, the flexibility of Microsoft’s Azure platform and Hitachi Consulting’s expertise in delivering IoT and analytics solutions is a powerful one.”
- WAGO appoints Tony Hoyle as new UK MD WAGO Ltd has announced the appointment of a new Managing Director. Tony Hoyle, formerly Measurement Products General... Read More >
- Scottish Water fined for sewage pollution at Doune Stirling Sheriff Court has fined Scottish Water £6,000 for causing untreated sewage to enter the Dragon Burn, a tributary... Read More >
- Two Devon councils form water quality task team Torridge and North Devon councils have set up a new water quality task team to monitor and improve the water quality of... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.