Hibernia awarded Thames Water odour control framework
Odour control specialists Hibernia have signed a major new services supply contract with Thames Water that includes supply to two of the largest wastewater treatment sites in Europe.
The services framework awarded covers 15 Thames Water sites in north east London, with locations ranging from near Stansted Airport right down to North & South of the River Thames, the largest sites being Beckton and Crossness Sewage Treatment Works. The contract, which is expected to be worth at least £250,000, covers a minimum of 3 years and with options to extend it up to an 8-year period.
Based in Balbriggan in County Dublin, Ireland, Hibernia supplies and installs environmental equipment such as air scrubbing systems, manhole and vent odour filters and cage filter strainers; it also offers related training in odour control.
Richard Berney, Managing Director of Hibernia, said: "We are thrilled about this award. Hibernia has provided odour control plant & services to all the UK (and Irish) Waste Water Authorities over the past 20+ years, but Thames Water has always been our best customer. Already we are seeing the range of services we provide at many of the awarded sites grow into additional training and refurbishment projects."
He added: "This gives Hibernia a great opportunity to further develop as a company, to grow its relationship with a key customer, and to expand the range of services it provides to the wastewater sector at large."
- Environment Agency awards reservoir risk contract Engineering consultancy Mott MacDonald has been appointed to support the Environment Agency's (EA) national reservoir... Read More >
- Thames Water professional services framework for Atkins Atkins is to provide engineering, commercial and environmental consultancy services to Thames Water under a new... Read More >
- Morgan Sindall results in line with expectations Morgan Sindall Group has delivered half-year results in line with expectations for the six months to June 30, 2014.... Read More >
- Project Focus: An innovative solution to the metaldehyde challenge The installation of CarboPlus technology at a treatment plant near Nantes in France has demonstrated the ability to hit... Read More >
- Round Table: Phosphorus Removal and Wastewater Innovation In the latest WWT round table, participants discussed the progress of innovative technologies for phosphorus removal, the... Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Rethinking Air Power With energy efficient aeration a priority, is it time for a rethink on the way the industry sizes its blowers? Read More >
- Bacteria to help meet the ammonia wastewater challenge Nitrifying bacteria can play a key role in tackling the challenge of ammonia discharges from wastewater treatment works,... Read More >
- Research Notes: Farming algae to treat wastewater A collaborative project between the University of Bath's Water Research & Innovation Centre (WIRC) and Wessex Water is... Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.