Hibernia awarded Thames Water odour control framework
Odour control specialists Hibernia have signed a major new services supply contract with Thames Water that includes supply to two of the largest wastewater treatment sites in Europe.
The services framework awarded covers 15 Thames Water sites in north east London, with locations ranging from near Stansted Airport right down to North & South of the River Thames, the largest sites being Beckton and Crossness Sewage Treatment Works. The contract, which is expected to be worth at least £250,000, covers a minimum of 3 years and with options to extend it up to an 8-year period.
Based in Balbriggan in County Dublin, Ireland, Hibernia supplies and installs environmental equipment such as air scrubbing systems, manhole and vent odour filters and cage filter strainers; it also offers related training in odour control.
Richard Berney, Managing Director of Hibernia, said: "We are thrilled about this award. Hibernia has provided odour control plant & services to all the UK (and Irish) Waste Water Authorities over the past 20+ years, but Thames Water has always been our best customer. Already we are seeing the range of services we provide at many of the awarded sites grow into additional training and refurbishment projects."
He added: "This gives Hibernia a great opportunity to further develop as a company, to grow its relationship with a key customer, and to expand the range of services it provides to the wastewater sector at large."
- Boris Johnson 'seriously worried' over Thames 'supersewer' costs Bill increases for Thames Water customers in order to fund the Thames Tideway Tunnel will be 'incredibly high', a... Read More >
- Ofwat makes counter-claims in Thames Water's interim price rise case Water regulator Ofwat has outlined the process for challenging Thames Water's request for an interim increase in... Read More >
- Havering, Barking and Dagenham named fatberg hotspots ‘Fatbergs' are wreaking havoc in Havering, Barking and Dagenham sewers, with the three areas being the worst for sewer... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Gasification of Sludge: Innovation in Action Yorkshire Water's advanced thermal conversion (ATC) gasification plant at Lower Brighouse WWTW has achieved a timely... Read More >
- The Next Generation of Sludge Dewatering The established equipment for dewatering sludge all comes with various pros and cons, but technology is now evolving for the... Read More >
- Nutrient imbalance in wastewater Keeping carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus in the right ratio can be a challenge at wastewater plants, but help is at hand Read More >
- Mayflower Treatment Works: Setting Sail for New Waters South West Water's new £60M Mayflower Water Treatment Works in Plymouth is pioneering a treatment process which will take... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.