Helen Lederer to co-host 2018 Water Industry Awards
WWT and WET News are delighted to confirm that comedian, writer and actress Helen Lederer will co-host the 2018 Water Industry Awards.
WaterAid supporter Lederer is best known for her role as Catriona in Absolutely Fabulous as well as memorable appearances in The Young Ones, Bottom and French and Saunders.
The awards will be handed out at a glittering black-tie ceremony on Monday 21 May at the Vox, Birmingham.
The ceremony takes place on the eve of Utility Week Live, the showpiece annual exhibition for the utilities industry.
The awards are sponsored by the British Precast Drainage Association, Galliford Try, NM Group and Weholite, while CGI and Stonbury are associate sponsors.
This year sees a record number of entries resulting in 71 entries being shortlisted across 14 categories, with projects and initiatives from every corner of the UK featuring as water utilities, their contractors and suppliers put forward their most outstanding examples of their work.
“With a healthy number of entries this year and an extremely high standard, our judges had a very difficult time determining the shortlist for the Water Industry Awards and an even harder time picking the winners,” WWT and WET News editor James Brockett says.
“Our new categories provoked some especially intense debate; it’s clear that water utilities and contractors alike are carrying out a host of innovative projects at the moment as they prepare for further competition and reform in this essential industry. Join us on 21 May at the Vox in Birmingham to find out who has come out on top.”
For more information on the awards, including details of how to book your table, visit: https://waterindustryawards.co.uk/wia2018/en/page/home
- Water Industry Achievement Awards 2017 finalists announced! Entries for this year's Water Industry Achievement Awards are in, and the judges have made their difficult decisions. The... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water hosts Ethiopian water utility delegates WaterAid's Manaye Siyoum and Zelalem Assefra, from Debre Tabor Water Utility (DTWU) in Ethiopia, have visited Yorkshire... Read More >
- UK's largest ice-pigging scheme underway Northumbrian Water (NW) is undertaking one of the UK's largest ice-pigging projects through a deal with Morrison Utility... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Fighting the FOG Our innovation specials continue with an examination of new measures to improve sewer health by tackling fats, oils and... Read More >
- Why Yorkshire Water is rolling out its 'Best Tariff' pilot Liz Barber, Yorkshire Water's director of finance, regulation and markets, explains the company's plans to proactively... Read More >
- Problem solving upfront: embracing digital technology Scottish Water is the latest water utility to make advances in digital engineering through the use of BIM technology,... Read More >
- Sustainable success: RainScape and Greener Grangetown Welsh Water and its project partners soaked up the acclaim at the Water Industry Awards as the SuDS-focused RainScape and... Read More >
- Treating the Blues: Low-cost, sustainable nitrate treatment Advances in biotechnology now mean that low-cost, sustainable nitrate treatment for drinking water and wastewater is... Read More >