Glan Agua to build GAC plant for Irton WTW scheme
Glan Agua has been awarded a section of works at Irton Water Treatment Works Quality Project by the Morgan Sindall Sweco Joint Venture (MS2JV) as part of Yorkshire Water's proactive steps towards compliance with future DWI regulations.
The company will design and construct a Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) plant to treat pesticides, which is increasingly becoming a key driver for projects in the UK.
Karl Zimmerer, Glan Agua’s managing director, said: “This is a significant step for the business and marks the first steps into the UK, a market where we see great opportunity for a company like Glan Agua, who are keen to find innovative solutions and have an exceptional track record of delivering projects efficiently for our clients.”
Glan Agua, part of the Mota-Engil group, has also made advances elsewhere in the UK, having recently been appointed to the NI Water Non-Infrastructure Major Works Framework and continues to gain the attention from a number of other water Companies and their Tier 1 contractors in the UK.
Glan Agua’s UK operations director, Paul Gardner, said: “Our success to date has been driven by our pursuit of innovation in order to create and capture value for our clients, and the Irton WTW Quality Project is a perfect example of how we achieve this. We look forward to working with the Morgan Sindall Sweco Joint Venture and Yorkshire Water to deliver a successful project for all parties.”
- Yorkshire Water fined £1.1M over River Ouse sewage Yorkshire Water has been hit with a £1.1M fine for illegally discharging sewage that polluted the River Ouse near York. Read More >
- GMC to deliver 5.5M euro scheme for Irish Water GMC Utilities Group, in partnership with Monaghan County Council, will deliver Irish Water's €5.5M project in Co Monaghan... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water plans £300M infrastructure spend Yorkshire Water has announced it is investing more than £300M this financial year throughout the region with several... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Gasification of Sludge: Innovation in Action Yorkshire Water's advanced thermal conversion (ATC) gasification plant at Lower Brighouse WWTW has achieved a timely... Read More >
- The Next Generation of Sludge Dewatering The established equipment for dewatering sludge all comes with various pros and cons, but technology is now evolving for the... Read More >
- Nutrient imbalance in wastewater Keeping carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus in the right ratio can be a challenge at wastewater plants, but help is at hand Read More >
- Mayflower Treatment Works: Setting Sail for New Waters South West Water's new £60M Mayflower Water Treatment Works in Plymouth is pioneering a treatment process which will take... Read More >