Glan Agua to build GAC plant for Irton WTW scheme
Glan Agua has been awarded a section of works at Irton Water Treatment Works Quality Project by the Morgan Sindall Sweco Joint Venture (MS2JV) as part of Yorkshire Water's proactive steps towards compliance with future DWI regulations.
The company will design and construct a Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) plant to treat pesticides, which is increasingly becoming a key driver for projects in the UK.
Karl Zimmerer, Glan Agua’s managing director, said: “This is a significant step for the business and marks the first steps into the UK, a market where we see great opportunity for a company like Glan Agua, who are keen to find innovative solutions and have an exceptional track record of delivering projects efficiently for our clients.”
Glan Agua, part of the Mota-Engil group, has also made advances elsewhere in the UK, having recently been appointed to the NI Water Non-Infrastructure Major Works Framework and continues to gain the attention from a number of other water Companies and their Tier 1 contractors in the UK.
Glan Agua’s UK operations director, Paul Gardner, said: “Our success to date has been driven by our pursuit of innovation in order to create and capture value for our clients, and the Irton WTW Quality Project is a perfect example of how we achieve this. We look forward to working with the Morgan Sindall Sweco Joint Venture and Yorkshire Water to deliver a successful project for all parties.”
- Wet wipe manufacturers issue new guidelines An update to 'flushability' guidelines has been issued by two global 'non-woven fabric' associations, representing... Read More >
- Kier buys infrastructure services provider McNicholas Kier, the leading property, residential, construction and services group, has strengthened its positions in the utilities... Read More >
- UU AMP6 engineering frameworks up for grabs United Utilities (UU) has issued tenders for its engineering services frameworks covering AMP6 and possibly AMP7 and which... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Gasification of Sludge: Innovation in Action Yorkshire Water's advanced thermal conversion (ATC) gasification plant at Lower Brighouse WWTW has achieved a timely... Read More >
- The Next Generation of Sludge Dewatering The established equipment for dewatering sludge all comes with various pros and cons, but technology is now evolving for the... Read More >
- Nutrient imbalance in wastewater Keeping carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus in the right ratio can be a challenge at wastewater plants, but help is at hand Read More >
- Mayflower Treatment Works: Setting Sail for New Waters South West Water's new £60M Mayflower Water Treatment Works in Plymouth is pioneering a treatment process which will take... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.