GDG buys South-east-based consultancy AGE
Leading geotechnical engineering consultancy Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions (GDG) has strengthened its position throughout the UK with the acquisition of south-east England- based consultancy Applied Geotechnical Engineering (AGE).
GDG has offices in Dublin, Belfast, Edinburgh and London, and its managing director, Paul Doherty, said: “The acquisition is another step towards realising our ambition of building a consultancy to provide the highest level geotechnical services throughout the UK, Ireland and further afield.”
The acquisition of AGE also strengthens GDG’s strong knowledge base in its existing business sectors, it will also allow GDG to expand its consultancy service offering into the area of geoenvironmental engineering. GDG provides geotechnical engineering consultancy mainly to the infrastructure, marine, renewable energy and the commercial/industrial building sectors.
The AGE principals and associates bring a wealth of experience and are particularly highly regarded as geotechnical engineers. Founding directors Neil Smith and Mike Turner both bring a lifetime of geotechnical experience, a huge level of knowledge and a high-level of comfort to their existing client base.
Through this acquisition, long-established AGE clients will now benefit from access to the wider resource pool at GDG, which comprises a team of highly-skilled engineering staff that can assist in providing an enhanced service.
- Amey takes over Aquatech Engineering UK water leak detection and utilities mapping company Aquatech Engineering has been bought by Amey. The deal strengthens... Read More >
- GMB calls for Government to take stake in Thames Water The GMB union has called for the Government to take a stake in Thames Water following the news that Macquarie Group... Read More >
- Southern Water's Cleaner Seas for Sussex project officially opens Southern Water has officially opened its £300M Cleaner Seas for Sussex environmental scheme, which ensures that the 95Ml... Read More >
- Trant Engineering: Forward thinking Now positioned as a multi-discipline, innovation-focused contractor, Trant Engineering is aiming high - and says its... Read More >
- Service reservoir project refreshes supply in Burton-on-Trent Stonbury's project to construct a new service reservoir for South Staffs Water achieved the best whole-life asset solution... Read More >
- Factory Thinking: Is it time for offsite build in the water industry? Offsite manufacture of water assets in a factory environment is widely seen as a step to greater efficiency, especially if... Read More >
- Offsite build for Affinity pumping station Taking a pioneering new approach to a borehole pumping station upgrade in Essex, Affinity Water minimised asset downtime... Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >