Flowline wins Suffolk highways drainage systems deal
Suffolk Highways, a collaboration between Kier and Suffolk County Council, has selected Flowline to maintain the county's highways drainage systems.
The initial contract term is for 18 months although there is scope for it to be extended by up to five years following the extension of Kier’s own contract with Suffolk County Council. The contract is for the provision of an annual cyclic gully cleaning service supported by a reactive maintenance and improvement service.
A key requirement is to get a better understanding of the drainage assets – there are more than 150,000 gullies and kerb offlets – in order to optimise and improve the service provided. Flowline has selected KaarbonTech’s GullySMART system to support the collection and analysis of the data collected by the drainage teams.
Kier’s head of operations, Lee Merces, said: “We selected Flowline because of the confidence they gave Kier and Suffolk County Council in the transparency of the service to be provided through the use of technology systems KaarbonTech and FieldViewer, the latter being their works management system. Having the ability to view works undertaken as they happen and to receive immediate quality feedback from site helps us to manage communications with Suffolk’s residents and businesses which is vitally important. This transparency also supports our transition to a collaborative target cost model later this year.”
- Mott MacDonald and Hyder partnership join Davyhulme upgrade team LORI, the Laing O'Rouke and Imtech joint venture, has appointed a partnership between Hyder Consulting and Mott MacDonald... Read More >
- £190M contract extension for Amey Engineering company Amey has received a £190M extension to its contract with Severn Trent Water (STW). Read More >
- South West Water and i2O in network loggers deal South West Water has agreed a deal with smart network solutions provider i2O to install 4,000 loggers over the next four... Read More >
- Project Focus: Anglian Water uses mapping tool for retrofit SuDS As part of its plans to shape and develop its surface water management strategy, Anglian Water has been working with a... Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Making the case for resilience Building resilience requires water utilities to have a clear and systematic understanding of risk across their business,... Read More >
- Comment: Sustainable ways to prevent flooding With traditional methods of removing floodwater no longer fit for purpose, it's time to find out whether sustainable... Read More >
- Project Focus: Smart flood alleviation system protects Portsmouth A smart hydrometereological system was installed to monitor flood risk in the south coast city, with real-time sewer level... Read More >
- Project Focus: Canals provide capacity for 21st Century flood protection A 19km stretch of canal near Glasgow is to be given a stormwater drainage role, in an innovative project which... Read More >
- Divisional Operations Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.
- Project Manager (Electrical & Instrumentation) SGN operates over 74,000km of gas mains and services in Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, we have a responsibility... Read more here.