FLI Water secures Thames Water filtration deal
FLI Water has been awarded a contract from Thames Water for the supply of filtration equipment and maintenance.
The contract is potentially worth around £2.5M over a five-year period and will see the company work closely with all the members of Thames’s eight2O alliance.
The deal focuses on the supply of modular Submerged Aerated Filters (SAFs), and both integral and concrete cell Nitrifying Submerged Aerated Filters (nSAFs). FLI Water was successful following an intensive tender process in which it was deemed the most economically advantageous on award criteria including health and safety, value for money, innovation, collaboration and sustainability.
Duncan Wildgoose, Business Development Director at FLI Water, said: “We are thrilled to have been awarded this contract with Thames Water. The award criteria included many areas that are central to our own company values. The water industry is constantly evolving and the need to find the most sustainable and innovative solutions is vital. We are looking forward to working with Thames Water and Eight2O to deliver the best result for its customer.”
- Ofwat waives tender rules for Thames Tideway to prevent delays Ofwat has waived the usual tender procurement process rules for the Thames Tideway Tunnel to help deliver the project on... Read More >
- Thames Water seeks candidates for new traineeship scheme Thames Water is seeking 45 candidates to embark on a new traineeship scheme being implemented across its region. The... Read More >
- Mayor of London opens Lee Tunnel The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has officially opened the Lee Tunnel, the first of two ‘super sewers' which will... Read More >
- Interview: Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew discusses the company's shift towards smart infrastructure solutions and the... Read More >
- Expert View: Phosphorus removal made simple With the water industry seeking efficient ways to remove phosphorus (P), the C-TECH biological process is one solution... Read More >
- The C-MeX Factor As the industry gears up for the introduction of C-MeX, Kier customer services director Benjamin Bax tells Robin Hackett... Read More >
- Ross-shire Engineering: Aiming High With its latest modular water treatment plant having hit new heights in terms of scale and ambition, Ross-shire... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >