Farrans and Roadbridge JV awarded UU's Thirlmere mains programme
A joint venture between Farrans Construction and Roadbridge has been awarded the £85M deal to carry out United Utilities' Thirlmere Link Mains programme.
The contract involves the design, construction and commissioning of about 32km of large diameter twin water mains and 24km of large diameter water mains in the West Cumbria region.
The scheme forms part of United Utilities’ £300M Cumbrian water pipeline project to lay and reline more than 100km of pipes supplying homes and businesses from Thirlmere Reservoir. Work on the project has been broken down into several work packages, including the deal won by the Farrans and Roadbridge joint venture.
In addition to the pipeline, the overall also includes a new water treatment works, two service reservoirs and a new pumping station.
- United Utilities intervention fund boosts NW river partnerships Lakes, rivers and estuaries in the North West are to receive a cleanliness boost from charities and community groups which... Read More >
- £250k fine for Thames Water sewage spill Thames Water is to fund a National Trust warden and has taken other preventative measures after was slapped with a £250,000... Read More >
- Tunnelling of £635M Lee Tunnel reaches Abbey Mills Thames Water says the tunnel machine digging a four-mile long sewer from Beckton to Abbey Mills has reached its final... Read More >
- Below ground plastic pipes: Strength through flexibility? Below-ground plastic pipes are known to be flexible under loads, but this can be an advantage rather than a drawback when... Read More >
- Drilling and Tapping: The Mains Man Jason Barratt's skill in drilling and tapping water mains has led to him competing around the world as well as advancing... Read More >
- Pipeline logistics - no need for unwelcome surprises In the Totex-conscious environment of AMP6, collaboration and a meticulous approach to logistics is required across the... Read More >
- Comment: Pipe research will help industry look again at plastics A new campaign with associated research aims to dispel common myths in the industry around the performance and durability... Read More >
- Corrosion of water pipes: out of sight, out of mind? Pipe corrosion is a major cause of water quality complaints by customers, but how often is the water itself responsible... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.