Farrans and Roadbridge JV awarded UU's Thirlmere mains programme
A joint venture between Farrans Construction and Roadbridge has been awarded the £85M deal to carry out United Utilities' Thirlmere Link Mains programme.
The contract involves the design, construction and commissioning of about 32km of large diameter twin water mains and 24km of large diameter water mains in the West Cumbria region.
The scheme forms part of United Utilities’ £300M Cumbrian water pipeline project to lay and reline more than 100km of pipes supplying homes and businesses from Thirlmere Reservoir. Work on the project has been broken down into several work packages, including the deal won by the Farrans and Roadbridge joint venture.
In addition to the pipeline, the overall also includes a new water treatment works, two service reservoirs and a new pumping station.
- Affinity Water awards maintenance framework Affinity Water (AW) has awarded a three-year framework contract to contractor Concrete Repairs (CR). The award, which... Read More >
- Sao Paulo's biggest reservoir down to just 6% capacity Water rationing and encouraging the use of more efficient appliances are among recommendations being touted as the biggest... Read More >
- Irish Water awards 20-year deal to Veolia Optimised resource management company Veolia has won a 20-year contract with Irish Water. The deal includes an €18.4M... Read More >
- Clear and consistent guidance for drainage design New guidance for the design of drains and sewers should provide the opportunity for installers to meet consistent... Read More >
- The Rights and Wrongs of Misconnections Appliances which have been incorrectly connected to surface drains rather than sewers are a significant cause of... Read More >
- Below ground plastic pipes: Strength through flexibility? Below-ground plastic pipes are known to be flexible under loads, but this can be an advantage rather than a drawback when... Read More >
- Drilling and Tapping: The Mains Man Jason Barratt's skill in drilling and tapping water mains has led to him competing around the world as well as advancing... Read More >
- Pipeline logistics - no need for unwelcome surprises In the Totex-conscious environment of AMP6, collaboration and a meticulous approach to logistics is required across the... Read More >