Farrans and Roadbridge JV awarded UU's Thirlmere mains programme
A joint venture between Farrans Construction and Roadbridge has been awarded the £85M deal to carry out United Utilities' Thirlmere Link Mains programme.
The contract involves the design, construction and commissioning of about 32km of large diameter twin water mains and 24km of large diameter water mains in the West Cumbria region.
The scheme forms part of United Utilities’ £300M Cumbrian water pipeline project to lay and reline more than 100km of pipes supplying homes and businesses from Thirlmere Reservoir. Work on the project has been broken down into several work packages, including the deal won by the Farrans and Roadbridge joint venture.
In addition to the pipeline, the overall also includes a new water treatment works, two service reservoirs and a new pumping station.
- Mott MacDonald takes over JV partner Bentley Mott MacDonald has taken over its UK water industry design and build joint venture partner Bentley Holdings, including its... Read More >
- BMM awarded two more WEM deals by EA Joint venture BAM Nuttall Mott MacDonald (BMM) has picked up two further contracts through the WEM (Water and Environment... Read More >
- Irish Water to start 4.3M euro water main scheme on Cape Clear Irish Water is investing €4.3M to improve the water supply infrastructure on Cape Clear, which will result in a much more... Read More >
- Comment: Ease off the pressure to keep leaks in check Keeping leaks in check is a major challenge for water companies but one that can be met with variable speed drives to... Read More >
- Woolmans Wood: Driving down disruption Southern Water and Clancy Docwra discuss the challenges of keeping disruption to a minimum on a 30km mains replacement... Read More >
- Water theft: Laying down the law Whether it is unauthorised connections or the illegal use of standpipes, water companies are increasingly clamping down on... Read More >
- Opinion: Action needed on product specifications and skills BPF Pipes Group president Derek Muckle calls for a basic engineering and procurement skillset to set the standard for what... Read More >
- Innovative survey technology helps CWA pipeline project A £10M project that saw CWA add a duplication main in North Lanarkshire involved the use of PureTech's PipeDiver... Read More >