Farrans and Roadbridge JV awarded UU's Thirlmere mains programme
A joint venture between Farrans Construction and Roadbridge has been awarded the £85M deal to carry out United Utilities' Thirlmere Link Mains programme.
The contract involves the design, construction and commissioning of about 32km of large diameter twin water mains and 24km of large diameter water mains in the West Cumbria region.
The scheme forms part of United Utilities’ £300M Cumbrian water pipeline project to lay and reline more than 100km of pipes supplying homes and businesses from Thirlmere Reservoir. Work on the project has been broken down into several work packages, including the deal won by the Farrans and Roadbridge joint venture.
In addition to the pipeline, the overall also includes a new water treatment works, two service reservoirs and a new pumping station.
- FLI Water combines ABiC and Brightwater FLI has announced a restructure that has entailed wastewater treatment plant specialists ABiC FLI and Brightwater FLI... Read More >
- Wetlands toolkit could help deliver WFD International research led by the University of Essex could help the UK better plan its wetland management and the... Read More >
- Senior Welsh Water manager sold stolen site equipment on Ebay A senior Dwr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW) manager has appeared in court for stealing more than £10,000 worth of site equipment... Read More >
- Opinion: Action needed on product specifications and skills BPF Pipes Group president Derek Muckle calls for a basic engineering and procurement skillset to set the standard for what... Read More >
- Innovative survey technology helps CWA pipeline project A £10M project that saw CWA add a duplication main in North Lanarkshire involved the use of PureTech's PipeDiver... Read More >
- Drilling and Tapping: Pipe Dreams The Institute of Water's UK Drilling and Tapping Competition returns for its 30th year at Utility Week Live in May Read More >
- Clear and consistent guidance for drainage design New guidance for the design of drains and sewers should provide the opportunity for installers to meet consistent... Read More >
- The Rights and Wrongs of Misconnections Appliances which have been incorrectly connected to surface drains rather than sewers are a significant cause of... Read More >