Farrans and Roadbridge JV awarded UU's Thirlmere mains programme
A joint venture between Farrans Construction and Roadbridge has been awarded the £85M deal to carry out United Utilities' Thirlmere Link Mains programme.
The contract involves the design, construction and commissioning of about 32km of large diameter twin water mains and 24km of large diameter water mains in the West Cumbria region.
The scheme forms part of United Utilities’ £300M Cumbrian water pipeline project to lay and reline more than 100km of pipes supplying homes and businesses from Thirlmere Reservoir. Work on the project has been broken down into several work packages, including the deal won by the Farrans and Roadbridge joint venture.
In addition to the pipeline, the overall also includes a new water treatment works, two service reservoirs and a new pumping station.
- Scottish Water to invest £3.5B over six years Scottish Water has announced that it will invest £3.5B over the next six years in its improvement programme. Read More >
- Severn Trent Water boss checks on progress of EVA scheme Severn Trent Water chief executive officer Liv Garfield has been checking out the progress of the utility's Elan Valley... Read More >
- EA starts work on £6M Catterick flood defence scheme The Environment Agency (EA) has announced that construction of a new storage reservoir has started to protect Catterick... Read More >
- Corrosion of water pipes: out of sight, out of mind? Pipe corrosion is a major cause of water quality complaints by customers, but how often is the water itself responsible... Read More >
- Project Focus: Going with the flow in the Elan Valley The first of three tunnel diversions has recently been completed as part of the £300M Severn Trent project to renovate the... Read More >
- National pride of top tappers Drilling and Tapping teams from America and the Netherlands are gearing up to take part in the World Water Cup in... Read More >
- Comment: A Totex Journey The move to outcomes and Totex-Based Regulation in AMP6 should mean water companies and contractors involving suppliers ... Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >