ePIPE gets renewed WRAS approval
Pipe Restoration Services' ePIPE small diameter service pipe lining system has received renewed Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) approval.
The approval positions ePIPE technology as the only lining material and process of its kind to meet the stringent requirements of both WRAS and Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) Ref 31(4a) approval for use in all public water supplies.
The ‘no dig’ ePIPE solution provides a cost-effective and sustainable alternative to customer-side or communication service pipe leakage, corrosion and dissolved lead challenges.
With the benefits of less disruption for the customer and a same day return to service, the solution has been deployed by water company leakage and water quality teams, as well as main contractors, social housing landlords and facilities managers of public buildings.
Rob Wood, operations manager for Pipe Restoration Services, said: “We are absolutely delighted to receive this renewed WRAS approval for ePIPE. This approval positions ePIPE as the only service pipe lining product approved by both DWI and WRAS for site applied conditions for small diameter pipes, including those made of lead. The approval enables PRS teams to reline an entire service from the main to tap which can include all drinking water pipes inside a building.”
- Water quality experts call for metaldehyde ban There should be at least a partial ban on the use of the pesticide metaldehyde on agricultural land because of its effect... Read More >
- Murphy works on next phase of Thames' leak prevention scheme J Murphy & Sons is upgrading pressure valves across Thames Water's water network and creating new pressure management... Read More >
- Efficiency improvements at NI Water save £12M NI Water's annual report reveals that the public utility is operating more efficiently and delivering better customer... Read More >
- Project Focus: Going with the flow in the Elan Valley The first of three tunnel diversions has recently been completed as part of the £300M Severn Trent project to renovate the... Read More >
- National pride of top tappers Drilling and Tapping teams from America and the Netherlands are gearing up to take part in the World Water Cup in... Read More >
- Comment: A Totex Journey The move to outcomes and Totex-Based Regulation in AMP6 should mean water companies and contractors involving suppliers ... Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Ice Pigging An innovative method of cleaning pipes, ice pigging is now being seen as a viable option for wastewater as well as clean... Read More >
- Divisional Operations Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.
- Project Manager (Electrical & Instrumentation) SGN operates over 74,000km of gas mains and services in Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, we have a responsibility... Read more here.