EMCOR UK wins Anglian facilities contract
EMCOR UK has been awarded a contract by Anglian Water to perform integrated facilities management services across 84 of its UK sites which, in total, supply water and water recycling services to more than six million customers.
From July 1st, EMCOR will provide services at 13 of Anglian Water’s corporate sites in locations across Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Essex, and Norfolk; throughout the first year of the contract an additional 71 operational sites will be added to the portfolio. The contract duration is for five years, with an option to extend for a further four years.
The Anglian Water contract is the fourth water utilities company contract awarded to EMCOR UK in four years, demonstrating its ability to deliver integrated facilities management services in highly regulated environments. The company will provide both hard and soft facilities management services including mechanical and electrical maintenance, cleaning, reception services, manned guarding, and managing external service providers.
EMCOR UK will be implementing its mobile workforce technology platform across the portfolio of sites in order to help Anglian Water maintain its estate in accordance with applicable statutory requirements, improving responsiveness and productivity, whilst reducing costs. The EMCOR UK team will also support Anglian Water in the development of various programmes, ranging from employee wellbeing and workplace productivity, to the transformation of current systems and methods of work.
Keith Chanter, CEO, EMCOR UK commented: “We are exceedingly pleased to have been selected by Anglian Water to deliver integrated facilities management services, further demonstrating the abilities and skills of our team to fulfill the exacting standards and perform according to the rigid specifications required in a highly regulated environment. We believe EMCOR UK and Anglian Water share a similar set of values which team members abide by in daily operations. It is with great anticipation that we look forward to working collaboratively with Anglian Water in the years to come.”
Karen King, Group Facilities Contract Manager at Anglian Water commented: “We are delighted to welcome EMCOR UK to our portfolio of sites. Key to the award was EMCOR UK’s commitment to our core values whilst delivering operational resilience and regulatory compliance, which is an essential requirement in our sector.”
- New nitrate removal plant for Anglian Water's Retford WTW Water and wastewater solutions provider ACWA Services has been contracted to design and build a new state-of-the-art... Read More >
- Anglian Water Business announces energy-saving partnership Anglian Water Business has launched a partnership with water and energy efficiency specialist, SaveMoneyCutCarbon, which... Read More >
- Hydro supplies sand filters for Anglian's Watton WRC scheme Anglian Water's £3M investment to protect and improve water quality at Watton Water Recycling Centre and meet Water... Read More >
- Drilling and Tapping: The Mains Man Jason Barratt's skill in drilling and tapping water mains has led to him competing around the world as well as advancing... Read More >
- A Time to Skill: how can water face its workforce challenges? Faced with the double challenge of an ageing workforce and a potential barrier to bringing in EU talent due to Brexit, how... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >