Ecoli detected following an Irish treatment works malfunction
A malfunction at its Aughrim Annacurragh Water Treatment Plant led to Irish Water imposing a boil water notice for customers last Sunday after the presence of ecoli was detected during subsequent water sampling. The notice was issued on the advice of the HSE as a precautionary measure.
Irish Water said the malfunction at the treatment works had resulted in lower than normal levels of chlorine dosing. The dosing levels returned to normal the next day but Irish Water has kept the boil water notice in place until the sampling process shows the drinking water is compliant and safe for public consumption.
Around 600 houses that are on the Aughrim Annacurragh Public Water Supply Scheme in County Wicklow have been affected by the situation.
- Wessex Water seeks bidders for AMP6 M and E and civil engineering Wessex Water has revealed that the contractors it is seeking to undertake mechanical and electrical (M&E) and civil... Read More >
- New Irish Water deal for Veolia Ireland Optimised resource management company Veolia has secured a new contract with Irish Water for works on Ireland's largest... Read More >
- Irish Water awards 20-year deal to Veolia Optimised resource management company Veolia has won a 20-year contract with Irish Water. The deal includes an €18.4M... Read More >
- Project Focus: Affinity Water in metaldehyde detection trial A trial at an Affinity Water treatment works in Hertfordshire has demonstrated the effectiveness of modifying lab... Read More >
- Research Notes: The wastewater headache after taking an aspirin Trace contaminants, including chemicals from pharmaceutical and household products that are part of our daily lives, are a... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Metaldehyde - a Pest of a Problem Amongst the agricultural pesticides that find their way into raw water sources, metaldehyde - which is used in slug... Read More >
- Interview: John Devall, Water Director, Northumbrian Water "Customer perception should be your reality - it's the ultimate barometer." Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Blocking leaden dangers With the dangers of lead in water highlighted recently by the case of the US city of Flint in Michigan, pipe expert Nick... Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.