Ecoli detected following an Irish treatment works malfunction
A malfunction at its Aughrim Annacurragh Water Treatment Plant led to Irish Water imposing a boil water notice for customers last Sunday after the presence of ecoli was detected during subsequent water sampling. The notice was issued on the advice of the HSE as a precautionary measure.
Irish Water said the malfunction at the treatment works had resulted in lower than normal levels of chlorine dosing. The dosing levels returned to normal the next day but Irish Water has kept the boil water notice in place until the sampling process shows the drinking water is compliant and safe for public consumption.
Around 600 houses that are on the Aughrim Annacurragh Public Water Supply Scheme in County Wicklow have been affected by the situation.
- Gee and Company awarded UU framework Gee & Company has been awarded a framework contract for chemical dosing systems for United Utilities. Read More >
- Five-year UU deal for Nomenca United Utilities (UU) has awarded a five-year framework agreement to specialist MEICA contractor Nomenca to supply... Read More >
- Water charging abolished in Ireland after parliamentary vote Water services in Ireland will be funded by general taxation after the Dail, Ireland's parliament, accepted a... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with… highway pollution Pollution from urban highways, trunk roads and motorways poses significant risks to the environment from toxic metals and... Read More >
- Comment: Moving sensors from the lab to the real world Innovative sensor technologies of various materials are out there - the key now is to apply them effectively and to make... Read More >
- Corrosion of water pipes: out of sight, out of mind? Pipe corrosion is a major cause of water quality complaints by customers, but how often is the water itself responsible... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.