EC grant for Optiqua's water quality firewall technology
Optiqua Technologies has received a grant from the EC's Horizon 2020 SME Instrument for the development of AquaSHIELD, an innovative water quality firewall solution, which is aimed at water security and smart water network applications.
AquaSHIELD combines 24/7 online and real-time event detection with high spec analytical capabilities for the rapid screening of water for the presence of multiple substances. The firewall will provide an affordable platform suitable for deployment in a distributed network in the field as well as a mobile system, and for operation by non-specialist personnel.
The concept is based on two of Optiqua's existing products - EventLab, which provides real-time detection capabilities for contamination events in the distribution grid; and MiniLab, which carries out rapid and automated screening for a set of specific target compounds.
Integration into the AquaSHIELD firewall solution will provide utilities with "a unique tool" to continuously monitor their networks for any water quality-related issues and to optimise the drinking water distribution process.
The EC's H2020 SME Instrument helps high-potential SMEs to bring innovative ideas to the global market.
Jos-Willem Verhoef, managing director at Optiqua Technologies, said: “This Horizon 2020 grant is an important recognition because a panel of international experts is confirming that our water quality monitoring solutions will be part of the water company of the future."
- Fight against South Downs water pollution gets £80,000 investment Water pollution in the South Downs National Park is to be tackled with an £80,000 investment from a partnership between... Read More >
- EC awards euro 6M to smart water project The European Commission has awarded a €6M grant to the SmartWater4Europe consortium project led by the Dutch water... Read More >
- Hydrosave and Z-Tech become i2O approved service partners Smart water network solutions company i2O has appointed Hydrosave and Z-Tech Control Systems as approved service partners... Read More >
- Round Table: Digital Transformation and Operational Efficiency A digital transformation is taking place in the UK water sector, but the process is more about incremental steps than the... Read More >
- WWT presents Smart Water Networks conference 2018 With PR19 on the horizon and growing pressure on water companies to do more with less, smart systems and technology are... Read More >
- Data science - putting it all together It's only when different data sources are pooled and cross-correlated that the full power of IoT analytics and artificial... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >