Drainage firm Jet Aire appoints non-executive chairman
Leeds-based drainage contractor Jet Aire has appointed Simon Lawton to its board as non-executive chairman.
Jet Aire’s board has worked with Lawton since 2014 on various ad-hoc projects. In the past six months, he has been helping to lay the foundations for the next phase of the company’s growth in providing professional drainage solutions to commercial, industrial and domestic clients.
Lawton has an extensive track record as a finance director in rapidly growing entrepreneurial businesses, notably Tribal Group Plc which he helped to grow from a start-up to a £250M-plus (sales) business over a ten-year period. He was also a founder trustee of the Tribal Group Foundation - funding health and education projects in Africa, India and Nepal - and spent two years in Sub-Sahara Africa working on various investment projects.
In 2013, Lawton helped co-launch a new start-up support service business, Benula Capital, focusing on the recruitment and HR market.
Jet Aire managing director Charlie Kirk said: “I am delighted that Simon has agreed to accept the role of non-executive chairman. His advice will be invaluable to us as we continue to drive the business forward. Jet Aire continues to enjoy sustained and consistent growth - since 2014 the business has doubled in size, sales and profitability. The company has ambitious growth plans over the next three to five years. We continue to build on solid foundations and have an excellent management team in place.”
- Yorkshire Water action plan to tackle drainage problems at Steeton Ings Yorkshire Water has drawn up a strategy to tackle drainage problems in the Aire Valley, in area known as Steeton Ings,... Read More >
- Grontmij wins Scottish multi-disciplinary deal Grontmij is to deliver engineering consultancy services north of the border having been selected for a new framework... Read More >
- Scottish Water reports 12% reduction in sewer blockages Scottish Water has announced that the number of drain and sewage blockages in Scotland have reduced by nearly 5,000 in the... Read More >
- Trant Engineering: Forward thinking Now positioned as a multi-discipline, innovation-focused contractor, Trant Engineering is aiming high - and says its... Read More >
- Service reservoir project refreshes supply in Burton-on-Trent Stonbury's project to construct a new service reservoir for South Staffs Water achieved the best whole-life asset solution... Read More >
- Factory Thinking: Is it time for offsite build in the water industry? Offsite manufacture of water assets in a factory environment is widely seen as a step to greater efficiency, especially if... Read More >
- Offsite build for Affinity pumping station Taking a pioneering new approach to a borehole pumping station upgrade in Essex, Affinity Water minimised asset downtime... Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >