Contracts galore for Stonbury
Stonbury has announced contract wins with SES Water, Portsmouth Water, Dee Valley Water and South Staffs Water.
The contractor will deliver reservoir and water tower cleaning, inspection, maintenance and repair works for SES Water, Portsmouth Water, Dee Valley Water until March 31, 2020, although there is an option for a five-year extension.
The tender process was managed by SES Water on behalf of the three companies, which jointly have 95 service reservoirs and 13 water towers. All companies have awarded individual contracts to Stonbury, but the tender involved developing a uniform pricing document to be operated by each client. This will ensure that the planning and delivery of contracts can be co-ordinated and provides consistency in respect of value and standards of work carried out for each client.
Project delivery for SES Water and Portsmouth Water will be carried out by Stonbury’s Orange Team whilst the Blue Team will be responsible for meeting Dee Valley Water’s requirements.
Stonbury’s deal with South Staffs Water is for reservoir refurbishment, and is for five-years.
- BAM Nuttall wins £23M Hull flood defence deal Leading construction and engineering company BAM Nuttall has been awarded a £23M contract for a major flood defence scheme... Read More >
- Child court case raises manhole maintenance questions A court's ruling in the case of a child who was injured falling into a collapsed manhole cover in Nottingham is likely to... Read More >
- Scottish Water launches £300M non-infrastructure framework Scottish Water has issued an OJEU notice seeking up to six Tier 1 non-infrastructure delivery partners for its Q&S IV... Read More >
- Component pricing: a disposable dilemma When working out the whole-life cost of a pump or similar equipment, one variable is how often components need to be... Read More >
- Analytics and Asset Management The water companies that have been most effective in this AMP period are those that have combined asset management and... Read More >
- Why asset management matters Keeping a detailed asset inventory at a treatment works is a must, and is the first step towards an effective asset... Read More >
- Collaborating on Professional Excellence A new partnership between Energy & Utility Skills and the Institute of Water is to help drive forward the skills agenda... Read More >
- Reducing harmonics with passive filters or active front-end drives Harmonics in the electrical systems of operators can be addressed by front-end drives or passive filters, with each having... Read More >