Contracts galore for Stonbury
Stonbury has announced contract wins with SES Water, Portsmouth Water, Dee Valley Water and South Staffs Water.
The contractor will deliver reservoir and water tower cleaning, inspection, maintenance and repair works for SES Water, Portsmouth Water, Dee Valley Water until March 31, 2020, although there is an option for a five-year extension.
The tender process was managed by SES Water on behalf of the three companies, which jointly have 95 service reservoirs and 13 water towers. All companies have awarded individual contracts to Stonbury, but the tender involved developing a uniform pricing document to be operated by each client. This will ensure that the planning and delivery of contracts can be co-ordinated and provides consistency in respect of value and standards of work carried out for each client.
Project delivery for SES Water and Portsmouth Water will be carried out by Stonbury’s Orange Team whilst the Blue Team will be responsible for meeting Dee Valley Water’s requirements.
Stonbury’s deal with South Staffs Water is for reservoir refurbishment, and is for five-years.
- DCT folds following dispute with Liverpool City Council Oldham-based DCT Holdings, parent group of DCT Civil Engineering, has gone into administration with the loss of around 100... Read More >
- Key phase reached at Southern Water's Milbrook WwTW rebuild Southern Water has announced that a major environmental improvement scheme in Millbrook, Southampton, has reached a key... Read More >
- Reading Borough Council faces £750K reservoir repair bill Reading Borough Council (RBC) is facing a £750,000 bill to repair a retaining wall at Whiteknights Reservoir even though... Read More >
- Interview: Professor Dragan Savic, Exeter University "If you can't measure, you can't manage - and the most uncertain element of water management is the demand." Read More >
- Front Line: Jane Mellor, Head of Operational Procurement, NI Water In this month's Front Line feature we meet Jane Mellor, who heads the operational procurement team at Northern Ireland... Read More >
- Team effort saves time How innovation and collaboration knocked weeks off timescales on Severn Trent's Little Eaton WTW upgrade Read More >
- Comment: Waterworks fit for the 21st century In recent years, the focus of the UK's water industry has shifted from building new sophisticated water works to upgrading... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... harmonic distortion Harmonic distortion can be difficult to diagnose, but once found, it is relatively easy to remedy Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.