Consumer Council for Water appoints Phil Marshall as deputy CEO
The Consumer Council for Water has appointed Phil Marshall as its Deputy Chief Executive.
Marshall will take up his new role at the water watchdog next month having spent the past two and a half years as Bristol Water’s Director of Customer Services.
He brings with him a wealth of water industry experience from a career spanning more than 25 years, including consumer-focused and regulatory roles at United Utilities and Yorkshire Water.
Phil Marshall said: “I’ve seen first-hand the tremendous value of CCWater’s work representing water consumers and championing their interests, and the influential role it has played in shaping a more consumer-focused water sector. I believe my experience and insight from within the industry will only serve to strengthen this role.
“Market reform is just one of many challenges where I intend to play a leading role to ensure that CCWater continues to provide a strong and influential voice for customers as the industry evolves.”
Tony Smith, Chief Executive of CCWater, added: “Phil’s vast experience in senior customer service roles will be an enormous asset to CCWater and we are delighted to have him on board.
“He has also been at the forefront of developing many cross-industry initiatives affecting consumers and we look forward to drawing on that expertise.”
Marshall will play a key role in ensuring water customers have a strong input into future price setting processes and market reform, which will affect non-household customers in England from April 2017.
He will not be involved in CCWater’s continuing work on the recently concluded 2014 Price Review, to avoid any conflict of interest with his present position at Bristol Water.
- New water retailer ‘Tor Water' to target South West A brand new water retailer - Tor Water - has applied to Ofwat for a water supply and sewerage licence, which would allow... Read More >
- As Finn resigns from Ofwat, will customers suffer? A specialist software firm has warned that the industry may lose its focus on the customer in the wake of Ofwat chief... Read More >
- Southern Water tenders £56M customer services deal Southern Water is seeking tenders for a customer services contract worth nearly £56M. The contract is for five years, with... Read More >
- Comment: Sludge all set for reform The opening of the bioresources market presents water companies with an opportunity to do things differently, but what... Read More >
- Interview: Ben Jeffs, Chief Executive, MOSL “The whole industry has really mobilised around market opening, and the water companies deserve credit for that.” Read More >
- Close-Up: Who will be the big fish in the new water retail market? With a £2.5BN new market for non-domestic water retail to open in England in April, joint ventures, incumbents and new... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.