Castle Water wins public sector deal in England
Castle Water has secured a major national contract through the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) framework to provide water and wastewater services to the public sector in England.
The first water retailer to successfully carry out the bulk transfer of English customers in Portsmouth, London and the Thames Valley, Castle will now extend its services to supply contracts for up to three years to select public sector customers nationally, including those located in Yorkshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester.
John Reynolds, chief executive of Castle Water, said: “As the UK’s leading independent water retailer, we supply hundreds of thousands of businesses, charities and public bodies throughout England and Scotland. We see this as a further opportunity to use our expertise in delivering best value and significant cost savings for our growing number of public sector customers in the new competitive market.”
Sam Ulyatt, strategic category commercial director for Crown Commercial Service, said: “In April we brought the largest public sector water framework agreement to the UK market. The agreement will eventually support the public sector to save £20M on its water bill, leveraging the buying power of the public sector to support the delivery of efficient and effective public services.”
CCS supports the public sector to achieve maximum commercial value when procuring common goods and services.
- Business Stream opens Worthing office Specialist water retailer Business Stream has opened a new office in Worthing as part of its preparations to compete in... Read More >
- Customers to benefit by £2B from Ofwat changes Customers and the environment are set to gain major benefits, as Ofwat today confirmed changes to the way it regulates the... Read More >
- EA appoints Boulting as National Pump and Panel Framework supplier Boulting Technology has become the approved National Pump and Panel Framework supplier at the Environment Agency (EA). The... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Waste Water Network Manager c. £42,000 depending on skills and experience An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Wastewater Network Manager within the Asset... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.