Cambrian Utilities gets water retail licence
Cambrian Utilities has become the latest licensee in the English non-household water market.
The Welsh firm is a subsidiary of of Glas Cymru, the single purpose company formed to own, finance and manage Welsh Water.
Cambrian Utilities' managing director is Sonia McCorquedale Cruise, who was previously head of commercial business at Welsh Water and has a background in renewable energy.
The company, incorporated on 24 March 2016, also lists Peter Bridgewater as company director and Christopher Alun Jones as finance director.
The opening of the non-household water market is expected to deliver benefits worth up to £200 million to the English economy and businesses over the next 30 years, through improved service and value for money.
There are currently twenty-three retailers licensed to operate in the market, including Cambrian Utilites. These include new entrants, incumbent retail arms and the UK’s largest pub retailer Greene King—which successfully secured a self-supply license in January.
A further seven companies, have applied for licences and are awaiting a final decision from the regulator. This includes two applications for self-supply licences from Whitbread and Marston’s.
-This article first appeared on Utility Week.
- MOSL is officially appointed market operator Market Operator Services Limited (MOSL) has been appointed as the official market operator from April 1 when the... Read More >
- JV urges schools to carry out water efficiency audits Water2business is urging schools to carry out efficiency audits to identify problems that might lead to spiralling utility... Read More >
- Big Business 'wants single water supplier when market opens' The retail water market must open on time and must be fit and ready for multi-site customers to switch to a single... Read More >
- Comment: Sludge all set for reform The opening of the bioresources market presents water companies with an opportunity to do things differently, but what... Read More >
- Interview: Ben Jeffs, Chief Executive, MOSL “The whole industry has really mobilised around market opening, and the water companies deserve credit for that.” Read More >
- Close-Up: Who will be the big fish in the new water retail market? With a £2.5BN new market for non-domestic water retail to open in England in April, joint ventures, incumbents and new... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.