Breaking news: Yorkshire Water names its AMP6 partners
Yorkshire Water has announced that eight contract partners and three framework consultants will deliver its planned AMP6 investment programme across Yorkshire, worth about £1B.
The framework consultants comprise Arup, Montgomery Watson Harza, and Turner and Townsend, while the contract partners are:
- Byzak Entec
- Earthtech Morrison
- Morgan Sindall Grontmij
- Barhale WSP
- Mott MacDonald Bentley
- Black & Veatch
- Morrison Utility Services
- Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions
All the companies have received an extension of their agreement for the AMP6, set to future-proof Yorkshire Water's treatment works against extreme weather conditions; help protect the local environment; and continue to guarantee a secure supply of drinking water.
Nevil Muncaster, director of Asset Delivery at Yorkshire Water said: “We are committed to ensuring that we give our customers the best possible service for the lowest possible price and our major investment plans for the next five years play a huge part in this.
"Our contract partners and consultants take great pride in their service alongside Yorkshire Water and this news is testament to their strong performance.
“The next step is to review the AMP6 programme with our partners, optimising AMP6 investment so we are well-placed to deliver the best value asset solutions. We’re committed to working in a more integrated way to further boost collaboration and efficiency and are now in the best possible shape to plan ahead for AMP6.”
- Coal Authority picks STS and JN Bentley for mine water treatment work Severn Trent Services (STS) and JN Bentley have both picked up multimillion-pound contracts with the Coal Authority to... Read More >
- Royal HaskoningDHV and Imtech bring 'unique' Nereda to UK Imtech Process expects to build five to eight Nereda wastewater treatment installations in the coming years having signed... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water appoints Royal HaskoningDHV for coastal assets Yorkshire Water has appointed Royal HaskoningDHV to lead on technical support in the design and scoping of a Marine... Read More >
- Comment: Capital Maintenance comes to the fore The tight cost of capital set by Ofwat for PR19 will mean water companies will need to place the emphasis on maintenance... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Interview: Lawrence Gosden, MD, Wastewater, Thames Water This month we talk to Lawrence Gosden, MD for wastewater at Thames Water, about building flood resilience in London and... Read More >