Breaking news: Yorkshire Water names its AMP6 partners
Yorkshire Water has announced that eight contract partners and three framework consultants will deliver its planned AMP6 investment programme across Yorkshire, worth about £1B.
The framework consultants comprise Arup, Montgomery Watson Harza, and Turner and Townsend, while the contract partners are:
- Byzak Entec
- Earthtech Morrison
- Morgan Sindall Grontmij
- Barhale WSP
- Mott MacDonald Bentley
- Black & Veatch
- Morrison Utility Services
- Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions
All the companies have received an extension of their agreement for the AMP6, set to future-proof Yorkshire Water's treatment works against extreme weather conditions; help protect the local environment; and continue to guarantee a secure supply of drinking water.
Nevil Muncaster, director of Asset Delivery at Yorkshire Water said: “We are committed to ensuring that we give our customers the best possible service for the lowest possible price and our major investment plans for the next five years play a huge part in this.
"Our contract partners and consultants take great pride in their service alongside Yorkshire Water and this news is testament to their strong performance.
“The next step is to review the AMP6 programme with our partners, optimising AMP6 investment so we are well-placed to deliver the best value asset solutions. We’re committed to working in a more integrated way to further boost collaboration and efficiency and are now in the best possible shape to plan ahead for AMP6.”
- Atkins secures water assets contract with Welsh Water Atkins has been appointed by Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water to provide consultancy services to help maintain a safe and... Read More >
- Southern Water submits planning application for Woolston WwTW A planning application to redevelop Woolston Wastewater Treatment Works (WwTW) has been submitted by Southern Water to... Read More >
- NI Water spends £713K on Banbridge WwTW upgrade NI Water's £713,000 upgrade is underway at Banbridge Wastewater Treatment Works in Banbridge. The construction, which is... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Round Table: Water Industry Procurement in AMP6 and beyond Have procurement practices so far in AMP6 reflected the regulatory shift towards whole-life cost and Totex? Participants... Read More >
- Disappointment replaces AMP6 optimism The first year of AMP6 is complete but has the regulatory cycle lived up to expectations of renewed vigour, or has it been... Read More >
- Competition is a driver for innovation Domestic water competition is planned for England before the end of this Parliament, and contractors that innovate to... Read More >
- Blog: Connecting data for efficiency and productivity Steve Hanslow believes that at a time when AMP6 is focussing water companies on total expenditure (TOTEX) driven outcomes,... Read More >