Breaking news: Yorkshire Water names its AMP6 partners
Yorkshire Water has announced that eight contract partners and three framework consultants will deliver its planned AMP6 investment programme across Yorkshire, worth about £1B.
The framework consultants comprise Arup, Montgomery Watson Harza, and Turner and Townsend, while the contract partners are:
- Byzak Entec
- Earthtech Morrison
- Morgan Sindall Grontmij
- Barhale WSP
- Mott MacDonald Bentley
- Black & Veatch
- Morrison Utility Services
- Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions
All the companies have received an extension of their agreement for the AMP6, set to future-proof Yorkshire Water's treatment works against extreme weather conditions; help protect the local environment; and continue to guarantee a secure supply of drinking water.
Nevil Muncaster, director of Asset Delivery at Yorkshire Water said: “We are committed to ensuring that we give our customers the best possible service for the lowest possible price and our major investment plans for the next five years play a huge part in this.
"Our contract partners and consultants take great pride in their service alongside Yorkshire Water and this news is testament to their strong performance.
“The next step is to review the AMP6 programme with our partners, optimising AMP6 investment so we are well-placed to deliver the best value asset solutions. We’re committed to working in a more integrated way to further boost collaboration and efficiency and are now in the best possible shape to plan ahead for AMP6.”
- Northumbrian Water picks Esh and Seymour for sewer network deals Esh Construction and Seymour (Civil Engineering Contactors) have been selected by Northumbrian Water to maintain its sewer... Read More >
- Heatwave leads to Thames Water increasing water output Thames Water has "cranked up" its water treatment works in order to meet increased demand for tap water during... Read More >
- Treatment system delivers gully-waste first A specialist water treatment system has helped delivered a UK-first in road sweeping and gully waste recycling. Eastern... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Round Table: Water Industry Procurement in AMP6 and beyond Have procurement practices so far in AMP6 reflected the regulatory shift towards whole-life cost and Totex? Participants... Read More >
- Disappointment replaces AMP6 optimism The first year of AMP6 is complete but has the regulatory cycle lived up to expectations of renewed vigour, or has it been... Read More >
- Competition is a driver for innovation Domestic water competition is planned for England before the end of this Parliament, and contractors that innovate to... Read More >
- Blog: Connecting data for efficiency and productivity Steve Hanslow believes that at a time when AMP6 is focussing water companies on total expenditure (TOTEX) driven outcomes,... Read More >
- Market Operations delivery manager What are we looking for?• Innovative, challenging and dynamic leader and team player. • Experience of working in a utility network... Read more here.
- General Manager Asset Management Essential Energy Location: Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia Salary: Competitive Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest... Read more here.
- Energy Growth Strategy Analyst National Grid’s energy network transports electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives.... Read more here.