Breaking news: Yorkshire Water names its AMP6 partners
Yorkshire Water has announced that eight contract partners and three framework consultants will deliver its planned AMP6 investment programme across Yorkshire, worth about £1B.
The framework consultants comprise Arup, Montgomery Watson Harza, and Turner and Townsend, while the contract partners are:
- Byzak Entec
- Earthtech Morrison
- Morgan Sindall Grontmij
- Barhale WSP
- Mott MacDonald Bentley
- Black & Veatch
- Morrison Utility Services
- Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions
All the companies have received an extension of their agreement for the AMP6, set to future-proof Yorkshire Water's treatment works against extreme weather conditions; help protect the local environment; and continue to guarantee a secure supply of drinking water.
Nevil Muncaster, director of Asset Delivery at Yorkshire Water said: “We are committed to ensuring that we give our customers the best possible service for the lowest possible price and our major investment plans for the next five years play a huge part in this.
"Our contract partners and consultants take great pride in their service alongside Yorkshire Water and this news is testament to their strong performance.
“The next step is to review the AMP6 programme with our partners, optimising AMP6 investment so we are well-placed to deliver the best value asset solutions. We’re committed to working in a more integrated way to further boost collaboration and efficiency and are now in the best possible shape to plan ahead for AMP6.”
- Welsh Water installs wind turbine at Nash WwTW Welsh Water has taken another step towards cutting its carbon footprint by starting work on a new wind turbine at its Nash... Read More >
- Earthworms to help treat winery's wastewater Californian winery Fetzer Vineyards is installing a closed-loop biological wastewater treatment system that uses microbes... Read More >
- ESG wins Battersea Power Station water treatment deal Testing, inspection and compliance services provider ESG has been awarded a contract to supply water treatment equipment... Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Interview: Lawrence Gosden, MD, Wastewater, Thames Water This month we talk to Lawrence Gosden, MD for wastewater at Thames Water, about building flood resilience in London and... Read More >
- Industry View: Let's not drop the ball after PR19 There must be better alignment between PR19 strategic plans and actual delivery plans if water companies are to get full... Read More >
- Round Table: Water Industry Procurement in AMP6 and beyond Have procurement practices so far in AMP6 reflected the regulatory shift towards whole- life cost and Totex? Participants... Read More >