BMM awarded two more WEM deals by EA
Joint venture BAM Nuttall Mott MacDonald (BMM) has picked up two further contracts through the WEM (Water and Environment Management) framework with the Environment Agency (EA).
Following on from contract awards including Leeds and Great Yarmouth, these latest successes involve the delivery of the Exeter Flood Alleviation Scheme and the North Asset Recovery Programme.
The Exeter scheme involves the construction of flood defences on both banks of the River Exe from Cowley Bridge to Countess Weir. The defences will include walls, banks, demountable weirs, gates and glass panels. Landscaping and habitat area creation will also be undertaken.
The North Asset Recovery Programme involves the recovery of flood defences following the storms and floods that took place during last winter. BMM has been awarded the works in the York & North East and Lower Aire & Upper Aire catchments.
The scope includes inspecting and surveying assets, developing designs and carrying out construction to return assets to their pre-storm condition.
Commenting on these two contract awards BMM WEM framework director Allan Rogers said: ‘The WEM Framework is approaching its third anniversary and we a pleased with our recent successes. A collaborative approach from the Environment Agency and local authorities utilising the WEM framework to procure flood defence schemes is leading to efficient and sustainable outcomes for many stakeholders.”
- Alchin joins Imtech to develop links Engineering and construction management contractor Imtech Water, Waste and Energy has appointed Jeff Alchin as senior... Read More >
- Unions launch blacklisting legal action The UK's biggest union, Unite, construction union UCATT and the GMB have announced major legal action in the High Court on... Read More >
- Skanska-led consortium gets funding to develop construction robots Skanska UK has received funding worth more than £700,000 from Innovate UK and the Engineering and Physical Sciences... Read More >
- Rainwater spin-out companies offer innovative path Researchers from the University of Exeter's Centre for Water Systems are putting the latest rainwater harvesting and SuDS... Read More >
- Project Focus: Anglian Water uses mapping tool for retrofit SuDS As part of its plans to shape and develop its surface water management strategy, Anglian Water has been working with a... Read More >
- Digging Deeper: Making the case for resilience Building resilience requires water utilities to have a clear and systematic understanding of risk across their business,... Read More >
- Comment: Sustainable ways to prevent flooding With traditional methods of removing floodwater no longer fit for purpose, it's time to find out whether sustainable... Read More >
- Project Focus: Smart flood alleviation system protects Portsmouth A smart hydrometereological system was installed to monitor flood risk in the south coast city, with real-time sewer level... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.