Black and Veatch helps ADDC with management goal
Black & Veatch is helping water and electricity distributor Abu Dhabi Distribution Company (ADDC) to provide €Å"world-class management€ of its asset base.
ADDC, which has 1.5 million customers, is seeking certification to the asset management specification PAS 55, and has chosen Black & Veatch to help realise this goal.
Black & Veatch will assess ADDC’s activities against PAS 55’s requirements. It will work closely alongside ADDC’s teams to develop strategies and action plans to manage any changes that may be necessary.
The company's consultants will also help develop training and structures to adoption of industry best practices.
The evaluation will include operating and maintenance, staff competences and investment plans. The outcome of the project will be to align the management of distribution assets with ADDC’s strategic objectives.
Mazen Alami, managing director of Black & Veatch’s business in the Middle East, said: “ADDC is committed to supporting the government vision through world-class service. Meeting the international specification for asset management will help show it has succeeded.
“PAS 55 is recognised around the world as a measure of asset management quality. We have helped many organisations achieve the performance required.”
Well managed assets are central to the performance and standard of supply that utilities provide to customers; as well as their environmental performance. PAS 55 was developed by the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) to create a benchmark for best practice in asset and infrastructure management. Black & Veatch is an IAM Endorsed Assessor for PAS 55.
- Wessex Water's civil sanction for polluting River Trym An Enforcement Undertaking (EU) from Wessex Water Services has been accepted by the Environment Agency (EA). It is the... Read More >
- Government to merge infrastructure and major projects authorities The government is bringing its expertise, knowledge and skills at managing and delivering major economic projects under... Read More >
- New sewers improve water quality in Paisley and Clyde Scottish Water has completed a project to help improve the natural environment of two rivers in Paisley and the River... Read More >
- Tanks need a spot of TLC Proper maintenance of tanks is key to ensure their long and productive life, while refurbishment can give a new lease of... Read More >
- Fundamental Equations Alec Erskine explores how some key equations can assist with the business of asset management in water Read More >
- Yorkshire Water's decision-making uses ‘five capitals’ approach Yorkshire Water has developed a new decision-making framework for PR19 which quantifies natural and social factors Read More >
- Dealing Direct: Direct Procurement in the Water Industry Direct procurement for large projects may add to the water industry's investor appeal, writes Guy Ledger Read More >
- Comment: A Totex Journey The move to outcomes and Totex-Based Regulation in AMP6 should mean water companies and contractors involving suppliers ... Read More >
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.