Biwater wins Cameroon water supply infrastructure deal
Biwater is to refurbish and extend water supply infrastructure in Cameroon to address acute ongoing potable water shortages having won a US $152M (£103M) contract with the Cameroon Water Utilities Corporation (Camwater).
Included in the project scope is the design, build / refurbishment and extension of potable water production, storage and distribution infrastructure across 14 locations in central and southern Cameroon. In conjunction with the project, Biwater will also deliver a water asset management (WAM) programme, which will include training and skills transfer, to improve network efficiencies and project sustainability.
Giles Jackson, regional director for Africa, said: “We are delighted to share news of this contract award in a new and important market. This turnkey project will see both urban and rural areas across the Cameroon benefit from network enhancements, plant refurbishments and the construction of new water infrastructure.”
An Export Credit financial package is being arranged by Biwater to cover the entire project, subject to the necessary due diligence.
- Scottish Water to enforce ‘blue card' water hygiene training Scottish Water has made it compulsory for people working in its water distribution operations - including contractors and... Read More >
- Record-breaking pumps ordered for Hull A contract for the design, manufacture and installation of one of the world's largest Archimedes screw pumping stations... Read More >
- Southern Water refurbishes reed beds at WwTWs Reed beds at Southern Water's at Godshill Wastewater Treatment Works (WwTW), on the Isle of Wight, and at Ulcombe WwTW... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.