Behan to join Barhale as group CEO
Barhale has appointed Matthew Behan as its new chief executive officer (CEO) with effect from August 1, 2016. For the past five years, Behan has been group chief finance officer at J Murphy & Sons.
Barhale said it is on track to deliver record figures in 2016/17 due to positive growth and targeted project wins. To capitalise on the opportunities ahead, a new Group Holding Board has been established on which Behan will sit working alongside Dennis Curran, Andy Flowerday and Noel Hanley.
Behan said: “Barhale is a modern business underpinned by enduring values, which have earned the company reputation and trust amongst all its stakeholders. The company is known to me as a first class performer, highly regarded by clients and I have first-hand experience of Barhale as a progressive joint venture partner over several years.
“I am extremely pleased to be joining such a customer focused, safety-embedded, innovative and responsible business and I am fully committed to the values and the Barhale 3 Pillars sustainability model, which will ensure lasting growth and success.”
Barhale chairman Dennis Curran said: “I am delighted that Matthew has agreed to join us as we enter the next exciting stage of the Barhale Group’s growth and development. We have taken the opportunity to review the corporate structure to meet our future needs, having spent the last two years successfully consolidating our position and securing a long term order book.
“The Barhale Five Year Strategic Plan is built around the need to broaden our portfolio into the Energy, Transport and Built Environment sectors, whilst continuing to deliver frontier performance for our existing water sector customers. Matthew will be actively involved in finalising the plan and assume overall responsibility for its effective implementation.’’
- Video: Water sector energy opportunities In this video recorded at WWT's Water Industry Energy Conference in Birmingham on June 22, industry experts give their... Read More >
- NMC reports return to profit in half-year results North Midland Construction (NMC), which includes NMCNomenca and Nomenca, saw a return to profit for the first six months... Read More >
- Pipe manufacturer backs export growth Clay pipe manufacturer Naylor Industries, which has seen exports triple in three years, is investing in its workforce to... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Comment: A dynamic response to change Market changes in the water industry mean that contractors must step up play a bigger and more responsible role in... Read More >
- Interview: Prof Rudi Klein, chief executive officer, SEC Group "The wait - that is the real problem," says Professor Rudi Klein on the subject of cash retentions in construction... Read More >
- Front Line: Digging Scottish Water's Shieldhall Tunnel In this month's Front Line feature we meet Tom Rushe, who is part of a team of engineers working on Scottish Water's £100M... Read More >
- Water Industry Procurement: could Brexit provide a fresh start? Could Brexit lead to a re-examination of the procurement rules which govern the water industry and other infrastructure... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.