Behan to join Barhale as group CEO
Barhale has appointed Matthew Behan as its new chief executive officer (CEO) with effect from August 1, 2016. For the past five years, Behan has been group chief finance officer at J Murphy & Sons.
Barhale said it is on track to deliver record figures in 2016/17 due to positive growth and targeted project wins. To capitalise on the opportunities ahead, a new Group Holding Board has been established on which Behan will sit working alongside Dennis Curran, Andy Flowerday and Noel Hanley.
Behan said: “Barhale is a modern business underpinned by enduring values, which have earned the company reputation and trust amongst all its stakeholders. The company is known to me as a first class performer, highly regarded by clients and I have first-hand experience of Barhale as a progressive joint venture partner over several years.
“I am extremely pleased to be joining such a customer focused, safety-embedded, innovative and responsible business and I am fully committed to the values and the Barhale 3 Pillars sustainability model, which will ensure lasting growth and success.”
Barhale chairman Dennis Curran said: “I am delighted that Matthew has agreed to join us as we enter the next exciting stage of the Barhale Group’s growth and development. We have taken the opportunity to review the corporate structure to meet our future needs, having spent the last two years successfully consolidating our position and securing a long term order book.
“The Barhale Five Year Strategic Plan is built around the need to broaden our portfolio into the Energy, Transport and Built Environment sectors, whilst continuing to deliver frontier performance for our existing water sector customers. Matthew will be actively involved in finalising the plan and assume overall responsibility for its effective implementation.’’
- Alchin joins Imtech to develop links Engineering and construction management contractor Imtech Water, Waste and Energy has appointed Jeff Alchin as senior... Read More >
- United Utilities helps to create a 'virtual power station' United Utilities (UU) has signed up to Dynamic Demand, an innovative quick-fire way of switching power-hungry equipment... Read More >
- Top billing for UU in BBC2 documentary series United Utilities (UU) is to be the subject of a new BBC Two prime-time observational documentary to be aired later this... Read More >
- Interview: Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew discusses the company's shift towards smart infrastructure solutions and the... Read More >
- Expert View: Phosphorus removal made simple With the water industry seeking efficient ways to remove phosphorus (P), the C-TECH biological process is one solution... Read More >
- The C-MeX Factor As the industry gears up for the introduction of C-MeX, Kier customer services director Benjamin Bax tells Robin Hackett... Read More >
- Ross-shire Engineering: Aiming High With its latest modular water treatment plant having hit new heights in terms of scale and ambition, Ross-shire... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >