Balmoral Tanks expands with pipework acquisition
Balmoral Tanks has expanded into the pipe arena with the acquisition of Servomac Ltd, the Chesterfield-based pipework specialist, for an undisclosed sum.
Balmoral Tanks, part of Aberdeen-based Balmoral Group Holdings Ltd, provides a portfolio of liquid storage and treatment products including epoxy-coated and concrete tanks and has installations on major projects spanning Europe, North and South America, the Middle East and Far East.
The company’s new £10 million purpose-designed factory in South Yorkshire opened in January 2018 and houses a brand new epoxy-coating line and in-line shot blasting as well as the latest laser-cutting technology and fabrication facilities.
Allan Joyce, managing director at Balmoral Tanks, said: “This acquisition provides a platform to extend our product offering to our global client base.
“Having worked with Servomac on a number of large projects, the synergy between the two companies has been striking. I am delighted that the team at Servomac will continue to run the business on a day to day basis as their knowledge and experience is highly valued.
“The acquisition underpins Balmoral’s business strategy of differentiation in the marketplace. Our ambition of being the number one tank design and manufacturing company in the world has been strengthened with the ability to provide all associated project pipework and we look forward to an increasingly exciting future for the company.
“With improved and highly efficient manufacturing processes and a commitment to personnel development, we consistently deliver on our brand promise of being ‘not just another tank company’.”
- Anglian Water opts for natural approach to flood prevention in Taverham Anglian Water is investing more than £200K in sustainable flood prevention measures in Taverham. The sustainable urban... Read More >
- Pre-cast concrete used for Thames reservoirs Pre-cast concrete storage tanks will be used to build two new underground water storage reservoirs in Reading. Thames Water... Read More >
- UU prevents sewer flood threat in St Helens United Utilities (UU) is investing £5M in St Helens to prevent the threat of sewer flooding. The investment is for the... Read More >
- Expert View: Phosphorus removal made simple With the water industry seeking efficient ways to remove phosphorus (P), the C-TECH biological process is one solution... Read More >
- The C-MeX Factor As the industry gears up for the introduction of C-MeX, Kier customer services director Benjamin Bax tells Robin Hackett... Read More >
- Ross-shire Engineering: Aiming High With its latest modular water treatment plant having hit new heights in terms of scale and ambition, Ross-shire... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >
- Digital engineering for the totex environment Digitalisation of the design and construction process as well as the use of intelligent piping and instrumentation... Read More >