AWB wins £3M Scottish water service contracts
Anglian Water Business has secured £3 million worth of water service contracts in Scotland.
The contracts will see AWB provide billing and water efficiency services to Asda, covering 94 supermarket sites, Knight Frank, covering 20 real estate offices, Edinburgh Leisure, covering over 30 sports and leisure venues, and Scottish Drug Forum, covering offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
AWB has been operating in the Scottish open water market since 2008. The company already provides water services to some of the UK’s biggest businesses, including Betfred, Malmaison and Hotel du Vin, Starwood Hotels and the Belhaven pub chain.
In 2015, the company won the Scottish government contract to provide water billing and efficiency services to the Scottish public sector. This involves 200 public sector organisations, with more than 15,000 sites ranging from schools and colleges, to hospitals and council buildings. Through the contract, AWB has identified £40 million worth of potential savings for the Scottish public sector.
AWB managing director Bob Wilson said: “We are delighted to have secured these contracts, following on so quickly from the announcement of our proposed joint venture with NWG Business. They build on those won last year and reinforce our credentials as a trusted partner for businesses looking for value from their utility supplier.
“Our focus on offering competitive pricing and delivering real value to customers through a team of experts and Active Water Management, is being recognised by customers as a major point of difference.”
-This article first appeared on Utility Week.
- Affinity Water granted water supply and sewerage licence Affinity Water has been granted a water supply and sewerage licence by Ofwat. Read More >
- Severn Trent boss joins PM's advisory panel Severn Trent chief executive Liv Garfield has been named as one of 19 people on the prime minister's Business Advisory... Read More >
- schuh expects to save £62K after switching water supplier Scottish retail business schuh expects to cut its annual overheads by around £62,000 because of a change in water supplier... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >