AWB wins £3M Scottish water service contracts
Anglian Water Business has secured £3 million worth of water service contracts in Scotland.
The contracts will see AWB provide billing and water efficiency services to Asda, covering 94 supermarket sites, Knight Frank, covering 20 real estate offices, Edinburgh Leisure, covering over 30 sports and leisure venues, and Scottish Drug Forum, covering offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
AWB has been operating in the Scottish open water market since 2008. The company already provides water services to some of the UK’s biggest businesses, including Betfred, Malmaison and Hotel du Vin, Starwood Hotels and the Belhaven pub chain.
In 2015, the company won the Scottish government contract to provide water billing and efficiency services to the Scottish public sector. This involves 200 public sector organisations, with more than 15,000 sites ranging from schools and colleges, to hospitals and council buildings. Through the contract, AWB has identified £40 million worth of potential savings for the Scottish public sector.
AWB managing director Bob Wilson said: “We are delighted to have secured these contracts, following on so quickly from the announcement of our proposed joint venture with NWG Business. They build on those won last year and reinforce our credentials as a trusted partner for businesses looking for value from their utility supplier.
“Our focus on offering competitive pricing and delivering real value to customers through a team of experts and Active Water Management, is being recognised by customers as a major point of difference.”
-This article first appeared on Utility Week.
- schuh expects to save £62K after switching water supplier Scottish retail business schuh expects to cut its annual overheads by around £62,000 because of a change in water supplier... Read More >
- Ofwat vows to ‘closely watch' water retailers in new market Ofwat has warned water retailers that it will keep a close eye on them when the market opens in April, and will “take... Read More >
- Anglian Water bus tour to gather customer feedback An eye-catching Anglian Water double-decker tour bus will be rolling into more than 20 town centres and events throughout... Read More >
- Comment: Shining a light on dark data Water companies already have the data to solve many of their most problematic issues - they just have to know where to... Read More >
- Water companies and BIM: realising the potential The utilities sector has lagged behind in implementing BIM, and has yet to fully realise its potential for maintenance as... Read More >
- Interview: Digital Danger Cyber attacks are becoming an increasing threat but, while the UK water industry could be vulnerable, Anglian Water... Read More >
- Mobile networks: the key to smarter water solutions Low Power, Wide Area (LPWA) mobile networks could be an invaluable tool for water companies and their contractors to help... Read More >
- Round Table: Digital Transformation and Operational Efficiency A digital transformation is taking place in the UK water sector, but the process is more about incremental steps than the... Read More >