AVK acquires Fusion Group
Gas and water industry supplier AVK has acquired the majority share of Fusion Group for an undisclosed sum, in a move that creates one of the UK's largest gas and water sector products suppliers.
AVK in the UK will now have a combined turnover of over £75M and will supply gas and water markets around the world.
AVK Group manufactures and supplies valves, fittings and related products for the worldwide gas, water and industrial sectors, and has a turnover more than £450M. AVK in the UK has a turnover of more than £45 million and 250 employees and promotes its business through the brands of Donkin, the Chesterfield-based gas valve manufacturer, as well as Glenfield, Invicta, Orbinox and Damper Technology.
Fusion Group Ltd, based in Chesterfield, was founded in 1971 by Chairman Eric Bridgstock, a pioneer in the adoption of polyethylene pipe for gas networks. It specialises in a broad range of polyethylene electrofusion fittings and related products, also for the global gas and water sectors, and has a turnover more than £30M, with 320 employees.
Fusion Group Ltd will continue to operate under its own brand with Kevin Raine Fusion Group Managing Director and Neil Green Financial Director remaining with the business to support and drive the future growth strategy.
Paul Hubbard, Chairman of the AVK UK Group and AVK Group Director, said: “AVK and Fusion Group Ltd are a perfect match, serving the same gas and water markets with entirely complementary products which are often used in the same installation. This will benefit our customers worldwide, with enhanced service offers, broader product offer, a wider customer base, product development and a strengthened manufacturing platform. The acquisition will create greater career opportunities for all employees.
“Both companies work in a safety-critical sector where many customers literally connect AVK products into the mains networks using Fusion Group Ltd products; when they are joined together their shared high standards of design and manufacture are there for all to see.”
Kevin Raine, Group Managing Director at Fusion Group Ltd, added: “We envisage great potential for both businesses the synergies are obvious and will help each other to improve their customers’ experience. AVK and Fusion are leaders in their field and both have well established and trusted brands.
“Both companies benefit from lean manufacturing programmes; AVK have well-established manufacturing facilities and distribution in the UK and Europe, Middle East, China, Australia, America and South Africa; and are well positioned for further growth.”
Fusion Group Ltd has production sites in the UK, China and Egypt and their key markets include China, Europe, Middle East, South America and Australia. To compliment the Fusion Group Ltd offer, AVK has plastics production sites in Denmark, the Netherlands and China which manufacture PE ball valves for the global gas industry.
Paul Hubbard added: “It has been decided that there will be no change to way the companies operate. We expect customers to benefit from each company’s reputation, knowledge and experience. While they will operate as totally separate business with great synergies, AVK and Fusion can work together in ways the customer can only benefit.”
- New water provider Brightwater targets Scottish SMEs Brightwater Services is a new, authorised water provider that has been set up with the aim of targeting Scottish small-... Read More >
- Syrinix collaborates with Canada's OCWA UK-based pipeline technology company Syrinix is collaborating with Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) on specific projects... Read More >
- Behan to join Barhale as group CEO Barhale has appointed Matthew Behan as its new chief executive officer (CEO) with effect from August 1, 2016. For the past... Read More >
- Corrosion of water pipes: out of sight, out of mind? Pipe corrosion is a major cause of water quality complaints by customers, but how often is the water itself responsible... Read More >
- Project Focus: Going with the flow in the Elan Valley The first of three tunnel diversions has recently been completed as part of the £300M Severn Trent project to renovate the... Read More >
- National pride of top tappers Drilling and Tapping teams from America and the Netherlands are gearing up to take part in the World Water Cup in... Read More >
- Comment: A Totex Journey The move to outcomes and Totex-Based Regulation in AMP6 should mean water companies and contractors involving suppliers ... Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.