AVK acquires Fusion Group
Gas and water industry supplier AVK has acquired the majority share of Fusion Group for an undisclosed sum, in a move that creates one of the UK's largest gas and water sector products suppliers.
AVK in the UK will now have a combined turnover of over £75M and will supply gas and water markets around the world.
AVK Group manufactures and supplies valves, fittings and related products for the worldwide gas, water and industrial sectors, and has a turnover more than £450M. AVK in the UK has a turnover of more than £45 million and 250 employees and promotes its business through the brands of Donkin, the Chesterfield-based gas valve manufacturer, as well as Glenfield, Invicta, Orbinox and Damper Technology.
Fusion Group Ltd, based in Chesterfield, was founded in 1971 by Chairman Eric Bridgstock, a pioneer in the adoption of polyethylene pipe for gas networks. It specialises in a broad range of polyethylene electrofusion fittings and related products, also for the global gas and water sectors, and has a turnover more than £30M, with 320 employees.
Fusion Group Ltd will continue to operate under its own brand with Kevin Raine Fusion Group Managing Director and Neil Green Financial Director remaining with the business to support and drive the future growth strategy.
Paul Hubbard, Chairman of the AVK UK Group and AVK Group Director, said: “AVK and Fusion Group Ltd are a perfect match, serving the same gas and water markets with entirely complementary products which are often used in the same installation. This will benefit our customers worldwide, with enhanced service offers, broader product offer, a wider customer base, product development and a strengthened manufacturing platform. The acquisition will create greater career opportunities for all employees.
“Both companies work in a safety-critical sector where many customers literally connect AVK products into the mains networks using Fusion Group Ltd products; when they are joined together their shared high standards of design and manufacture are there for all to see.”
Kevin Raine, Group Managing Director at Fusion Group Ltd, added: “We envisage great potential for both businesses the synergies are obvious and will help each other to improve their customers’ experience. AVK and Fusion are leaders in their field and both have well established and trusted brands.
“Both companies benefit from lean manufacturing programmes; AVK have well-established manufacturing facilities and distribution in the UK and Europe, Middle East, China, Australia, America and South Africa; and are well positioned for further growth.”
Fusion Group Ltd has production sites in the UK, China and Egypt and their key markets include China, Europe, Middle East, South America and Australia. To compliment the Fusion Group Ltd offer, AVK has plastics production sites in Denmark, the Netherlands and China which manufacture PE ball valves for the global gas industry.
Paul Hubbard added: “It has been decided that there will be no change to way the companies operate. We expect customers to benefit from each company’s reputation, knowledge and experience. While they will operate as totally separate business with great synergies, AVK and Fusion can work together in ways the customer can only benefit.”
- Ireland's water sector calls for clarity on funding The water sector in Ireland needs clarity on its long-term funding model in order to be confident about investing and... Read More >
- Horton becomes SBWWI CEO The Society of British Water & Wastewater Industries (SBWWI) has announced the appointment of Paul Horton in the newly... Read More >
- British Water announces Mike Froom as UK Forum vice-chairman Mike Froom, business development director at Veolia Water Technologies, has been elected vice-chairman of British Water's UK... Read More >
- Project Focus: Going with the flow in the Elan Valley The first of three tunnel diversions has recently been completed as part of the £300M Severn Trent project to renovate the... Read More >
- National pride of top tappers Drilling and Tapping teams from America and the Netherlands are gearing up to take part in the World Water Cup in... Read More >
- Comment: A Totex Journey The move to outcomes and Totex-Based Regulation in AMP6 should mean water companies and contractors involving suppliers ... Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... Ice Pigging An innovative method of cleaning pipes, ice pigging is now being seen as a viable option for wastewater as well as clean... Read More >
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.