AQS and Panton McLeod strike up clean water solution partnership
AQS Environmental Solutions is working in partnership with UK water quality engineering specialist Panton McLeod to deliver innovative clean water solutions in Ireland.
The relationship allows customers to benefit from AQS' suction and jetting technology and expertise, combined with Panton McLeod's chemical cleaning and clean water maintenance systems.
The partnership will provide clean water suppliers with faster, more cost-effective and safer methodologies for surveying, cleaning and repairing reservoirs and clean water pipelines. Clean water suppliers will gain access to Panton McLeod's PM88 system that allows reservoirs to be cleaned and returned to service quickly and safely in a way that removes the risk of cryptosporidium contamination.
AQS technical director Rónán Beasley said: "We're delighted to be working in partnership with Panton McLeod to offer a unique and powerful combination of expertise to the Irish water supply market.PM88 is the market leading non-aggressive reservoir cleaning system in the UK.
“Working together, we have already proven its worth in Ireland. Return-to-service times are shorter, and cleaning is more effective.At the same time, we are using the best and most modern vacuum and suction technology, by deploying our brand new JHL SuperFlex jet vac tanker on reservoir cleaning projects."
Panton McLeod business development director Paul Henderson said: "AQS is the ideal partner for us in Ireland. Its team shares our values and ethos for delivering innovative and high quality potable water system cleaning technologies.
"By working together with AQS in this exciting partnership, we‘re convinced we will be in a strong position to offer water suppliers with the very best reservoir cleaning and maintenance service in Ireland."
The PM88 system has been used to clean a 100-megalitre reservoir in the Dublin area, with the project completed in two weeks, compared with the six weeks it would have taken conventional mechanical cleaning.
AQS, part of Lanes Group, is also making use of Panton McLeod's robotic technology, where mini submarines and crawling robots are deployed to carry out surveys and cleaning tasks.
- Properly thought out asset management plan is key, says ex-NI Water boss Former NI Water chief executive Trevor Haslett has told "embryonic" Irish Water that the key to successful... Read More >
- Milestone for Cork harbour as wastewater treatment plant opens Irish Water and Cork County Council have marked a key milestone in the €117M Cork Lower Harbour Main Drainage Project with... Read More >
- Bristol Water selects Kier for maintenance services deal Kier will be the sole provider of Bristol Water's £20M a year network maintenance services programme. The five-year... Read More >
- Tanks need a spot of TLC Proper maintenance of tanks is key to ensure their long and productive life, while refurbishment can give a new lease of... Read More >
- Fundamental Equations Alec Erskine explores how some key equations can assist with the business of asset management in water Read More >
- Yorkshire Water's decision-making uses ‘five capitals’ approach Yorkshire Water has developed a new decision-making framework for PR19 which quantifies natural and social factors Read More >
- Dealing Direct: Direct Procurement in the Water Industry Direct procurement for large projects may add to the water industry's investor appeal, writes Guy Ledger Read More >
- Comment: A Totex Journey The move to outcomes and Totex-Based Regulation in AMP6 should mean water companies and contractors involving suppliers ... Read More >
- Head of Engineering Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers the gas and electricity services into our homes and... Read more here.
- Assistant gas to grid engineer GENeco is a multi-award winning recycling and renewable energy company. We were created by Wessex Water in 2008 to help our parent company... Read more here.
- Chief Executive Officer The Electricity Association of Ireland (EAI) is the representative body for electricity producers, retailers and distributors on the island... Read more here.