AQS and Panton McLeod strike up clean water solution partnership
AQS Environmental Solutions is working in partnership with UK water quality engineering specialist Panton McLeod to deliver innovative clean water solutions in Ireland.
The relationship allows customers to benefit from AQS' suction and jetting technology and expertise, combined with Panton McLeod's chemical cleaning and clean water maintenance systems.
The partnership will provide clean water suppliers with faster, more cost-effective and safer methodologies for surveying, cleaning and repairing reservoirs and clean water pipelines. Clean water suppliers will gain access to Panton McLeod's PM88 system that allows reservoirs to be cleaned and returned to service quickly and safely in a way that removes the risk of cryptosporidium contamination.
AQS technical director Rónán Beasley said: "We're delighted to be working in partnership with Panton McLeod to offer a unique and powerful combination of expertise to the Irish water supply market.PM88 is the market leading non-aggressive reservoir cleaning system in the UK.
“Working together, we have already proven its worth in Ireland. Return-to-service times are shorter, and cleaning is more effective.At the same time, we are using the best and most modern vacuum and suction technology, by deploying our brand new JHL SuperFlex jet vac tanker on reservoir cleaning projects."
Panton McLeod business development director Paul Henderson said: "AQS is the ideal partner for us in Ireland. Its team shares our values and ethos for delivering innovative and high quality potable water system cleaning technologies.
"By working together with AQS in this exciting partnership, we‘re convinced we will be in a strong position to offer water suppliers with the very best reservoir cleaning and maintenance service in Ireland."
The PM88 system has been used to clean a 100-megalitre reservoir in the Dublin area, with the project completed in two weeks, compared with the six weeks it would have taken conventional mechanical cleaning.
AQS, part of Lanes Group, is also making use of Panton McLeod's robotic technology, where mini submarines and crawling robots are deployed to carry out surveys and cleaning tasks.
- ABB and Sulzer in equipment servicing deal ABB has agreed a deal with Sulzer Electro Mechanical Services UK (Ltd) which will see the latter providing workshop repair... Read More >
- Water companies play down drought fears Water companies in the south of England have insisted that there are “no water supply issues”, despite lower than average... Read More >
- Irish water sector gathers to explore water quality, funding and water security The Irish water sector is at a pivotal moment in its journey towards improved water quality, sustainable funding and water... Read More >
- Reliability engineering key to resilience As a result of the 2014 Water Act and Ofwat, water companies are increasingly studying how resilient they might be to... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... site security The current threat level for international terrorism in the UK is classed as ‘severe', and damage or destruction to... Read More >
- Tanks need a spot of TLC Proper maintenance of tanks is key to ensure their long and productive life, while refurbishment can give a new lease of... Read More >
- Fundamental Equations Alec Erskine explores how some key equations can assist with the business of asset management in water Read More >
- Yorkshire Water's decision-making uses ‘five capitals’ approach Yorkshire Water has developed a new decision-making framework for PR19 which quantifies natural and social factors Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.