APEM and Xylem team up over hydrometrics
APEM has teamed up with Xylem Analytics to extend its services in hydrometrics. The deal enables APEM to build on its existing expertise with new and enhanced services.
With access to industry leading instruments from Xylem, APEM’s field teams will gather high quality data for use and analysis by the company’s consultants or for use directly by clients. Amongst the hydrometric services being offered are the measurement of water flow and level, high quality data on a range of water quality parameters, and gathering information on bathymetry using technologies such as autonomous vehicles and acoustic Doppler profiling.
On the River Severn, APEM used a Sontek Hydrosurveyor to capture data on bathymetry, water temperature and flow velocity. The data was then used to assess the potential impacts of water abstraction and discharge from a proposed manufacturing plant.
In Wales, APEM carried out wide ranging surveys of two reservoirs including gathering bathymetric profiles using a Sontek Castaway CTD from Xylem.
APEM director Dr Adrian Williams said: “Linking up with Xylem is great news for us, allowing us to extend our expertise in hydrometrics and offer our clients a true one-stop-shop for aquatic science. With large and experienced field teams, a network of respected laboratories and a team of leading consultants, we’re now able to offer water quality, bathymetry, biology, hydrometry and even aerial surveys all under one roof.”
- Government to open up water supply competition to households in England Households in England could be given a choice of water supplier by 2020, the government has announced. Read More >
- Apple invests in wastewater treatment facility for data centres Apple is investing in a treatment facility to re-use water for evaporative cooling in its data centres in Prineville,... Read More >
- Brighton university helps map South Saskatchewan river bed A radio-controlled quadcopter is helping the University of Brighton to map a river bed in western Canada both above and... Read More >
- Data science - putting it all together It's only when different data sources are pooled and cross-correlated that the full power of IoT analytics and artificial... Read More >
- Comment: The Rise of the Digital Engineer As data gathering and analytics tools proliferate across water companies' operations, systems integration -... Read More >
- Top Tips for... cyber security The threat of Cybercrime to the water industry, just as with all other major sectors within the UK economy, is increasing... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Head of Tendering & Design Salary Range: Commensurate with roleThe Tendering & Design Department plays a critical role in turning customer enquiries in to fully costed... Read more here.
- Head of Operations Salary Range: Commensurate with role Head of Operations: The Head of Operations will be responsible for the successful day to day delivery... Read more here.
- Deputy Directors – multiple roles The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent economic and safety regulator for Britain’s railways, overseeing an industry that carried... Read more here.