APEM and Xylem team up over hydrometrics
APEM has teamed up with Xylem Analytics to extend its services in hydrometrics. The deal enables APEM to build on its existing expertise with new and enhanced services.
With access to industry leading instruments from Xylem, APEM’s field teams will gather high quality data for use and analysis by the company’s consultants or for use directly by clients. Amongst the hydrometric services being offered are the measurement of water flow and level, high quality data on a range of water quality parameters, and gathering information on bathymetry using technologies such as autonomous vehicles and acoustic Doppler profiling.
On the River Severn, APEM used a Sontek Hydrosurveyor to capture data on bathymetry, water temperature and flow velocity. The data was then used to assess the potential impacts of water abstraction and discharge from a proposed manufacturing plant.
In Wales, APEM carried out wide ranging surveys of two reservoirs including gathering bathymetric profiles using a Sontek Castaway CTD from Xylem.
APEM director Dr Adrian Williams said: “Linking up with Xylem is great news for us, allowing us to extend our expertise in hydrometrics and offer our clients a true one-stop-shop for aquatic science. With large and experienced field teams, a network of respected laboratories and a team of leading consultants, we’re now able to offer water quality, bathymetry, biology, hydrometry and even aerial surveys all under one roof.”
- UU and anglers take action over fly-tipping at reservoirs United Utilities (UU) has teamed up with local anglers to highlight the growing problem of fly-tipping at its reservoirs.... Read More >
- Anglian Water and farmers join forces for Slug It Out campaign A campaign to help farmers reduce the amount of pesticides that end up in reservoirs has been launched by Anglian Water.... Read More >
- South West Water and i2O in network loggers deal South West Water has agreed a deal with smart network solutions provider i2O to install 4,000 loggers over the next four... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Front Line: Luke Petts, Metering Team Leader, Morrison Utility Services In this month's Front Line feature we meet Luke Petts, who leads the team of meter installers on Thames Water's Smart... Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >