Anglian selects Servelec telemetry to monitor private pumping network
Anglian Water has selected Servelec Technologies' S2000micro remote telemetry unit to monitor the remainder of its private pumping network. The utility will install 750 of the field devices over the next 12 months.
The company has chosen to install the WITS-certified (Water Industry Telemetry Standards) S2000micro RTU due to its ease of installation, configuration and affordability. The project further strengthens Servelec Technologies’ relationship with Anglian Water, which also uses Servelec’s water network management advisory tool MISER.
Servelec delivers efficiency savings to UK water companies’ business operations by creating systems to collect, communicate and exploit data. Servelec can supply a true end-to-end automation and optimisation solution using state-of-the-art RTUs, a secure SCADA and telemetry platform and a suite of business optimisation SaaS solutions. Servelec’s SaaS solutions include tools for investment planning, leakage detection, production planning and automated control.
Simon Harrison, telemetry and automation manager at Anglian Water, said: “We chose to install Servelec’s S2000micro RTU with integrated pump controller for the first time on our private pumping stations because of its ease of operation, installation and value for money. We invited competing suppliers to prove how easily their devices could be installed and Servelec proved that the S2000micro could fully meet our requirements. In addition, because Servelec’s devices are WITS-certified they interface seamlessly with our existing SCADA system.”
Neil Butler, managing director of strategic partnerships at Servelec, said: “We’re delighted that Anglian Water has decided to incorporate our S2000micro into their existing telemetry network. As founder members of WITS and as part of the organisation’s steering committee, we have worked closely with Anglian Water, other UK water companies and suppliers of telemetry solutions to create devices which use common protocols and technologies.”
- Holland and Barrett awards three-year water supply deal Anglian Water Business has won a three-year contract to supply water retail services to health and wellbeing chain Holland... Read More >
- Anglian closes Mousehold WTW following taste complaints Anglian Water has temporarily closed its Mousehold Water Treatment Works following complaints of... Read More >
- Sewage treatment works shutdown strategy saves time and money A way to shutdown an entire sewage treatment works without using storm facilities has been devised by a Costain team... Read More >
- Comment: The vast potential of machine learning and data Recent efforts to use machine learning to predict bursts and leakage illustrate how the collaborative use of data could... Read More >
- Comment: Networks make the world go round Real-time, 'smart' water networks have been discussed for a decade without fully taking shape, but the barriers to... Read More >
- Top tips for... analyser maintenance Keeping continuous water analysers well maintained is vital to ensure you can rely on the information they provide, writes... Read More >
- Data: Predictive analysis pays off for Welsh Water Data scientists at Welsh Water built an analysis tool that can predict when service reservoirs are at risk of bacterial... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Location: Somerset Salary: £30,767 to £41,226 per annum Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Senior Analyst The Organisation The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in Scotland. ... Read more here.
- Key Account Manager Key Account Manager Competitive Salary: £40,000+ DOE London and Thames Valley Knowledge, Skills & Experience Commercially astute with... Read more here.
- Contracts Manager Contracts Manager Castle Water Limited Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing... Read more here.
- Divisional Customer Services Director Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services... Read more here.