Anglian selects Servelec telemetry to monitor private pumping network
Anglian Water has selected Servelec Technologies' S2000micro remote telemetry unit to monitor the remainder of its private pumping network. The utility will install 750 of the field devices over the next 12 months.
The company has chosen to install the WITS-certified (Water Industry Telemetry Standards) S2000micro RTU due to its ease of installation, configuration and affordability. The project further strengthens Servelec Technologies’ relationship with Anglian Water, which also uses Servelec’s water network management advisory tool MISER.
Servelec delivers efficiency savings to UK water companies’ business operations by creating systems to collect, communicate and exploit data. Servelec can supply a true end-to-end automation and optimisation solution using state-of-the-art RTUs, a secure SCADA and telemetry platform and a suite of business optimisation SaaS solutions. Servelec’s SaaS solutions include tools for investment planning, leakage detection, production planning and automated control.
Simon Harrison, telemetry and automation manager at Anglian Water, said: “We chose to install Servelec’s S2000micro RTU with integrated pump controller for the first time on our private pumping stations because of its ease of operation, installation and value for money. We invited competing suppliers to prove how easily their devices could be installed and Servelec proved that the S2000micro could fully meet our requirements. In addition, because Servelec’s devices are WITS-certified they interface seamlessly with our existing SCADA system.”
Neil Butler, managing director of strategic partnerships at Servelec, said: “We’re delighted that Anglian Water has decided to incorporate our S2000micro into their existing telemetry network. As founder members of WITS and as part of the organisation’s steering committee, we have worked closely with Anglian Water, other UK water companies and suppliers of telemetry solutions to create devices which use common protocols and technologies.”
- Anglian Water sets sights on 'more ambitious' renewables strategy Anglian Water has said it wants a 'more ambitious' renewables strategy, as it strives for a 70 per cent reduction in... Read More >
- Final phase of Exmouth water and sewerage networks upgrade begins South West Water (SWW) is about to start the final phase of a £1M scheme to improve Exmouth's water and sewerage networks.... Read More >
- Wessex Water chooses Servelec for SCADA upgrade Wessex Water is set to upgrade its telemetry and SCADA systems after selecting Servelec Technologies, the provider of data... Read More >
- Being intelligent, the smart thing to do Can pressure management and intelligent networks help tackle the issue of leakage? Read More >
- Valves and flow control: Pressure Points Building a smarter network need not be expensive - a first step is to establish a calm pressure profile, writes Craig... Read More >
- Front Line: Luke Petts, Metering Team Leader, Morrison Utility Services In this month's Front Line feature we meet Luke Petts, who leads the team of meter installers on Thames Water's Smart... Read More >
- Optimising water supply network performance the smart way Water network management is complex but accurate flow measurement plays across the spectrum of activities, says NEL's... Read More >
- Comment: Water's digital future The opportunities and challenges for the water sector around the use of big data and analytics give rise to fundamental... Read More >
- Supply Network Manager Starting salary: Grade SF £30,767 - £41,226 Job description: Looking for your next career move in water supply? If so, we may have a fantastic... Read more here.
- Repair and maintenance ganger (team leader) Taunton Location: Taunton Starting salary: Dependent on experience and training certificates, plus standby allowance and call out Package: 45... Read more here.
- Repair and maintenance ganger (team leader) Yeovil Location: Yeovil Starting salary: 26,520 - 28,560 salary dependent on experience and training certificates, plus standby allowance and call... Read more here.
- Repair and maintenance ganger (team leader) Cossington Location: Cossington Starting salary: £26,520 - £28,560 salary dependent on experience and training certificates, plus standby allowance... Read more here.