Amey appoints McLoughlin as interim MD of utilities
Amey has announced the appointment of David McLoughlin as interim MD of utilities.
An experienced commercial, construction and asset management executive, McLoughlin has over 30 years’ client and supplier side experience and has worked across a range of sectors.
A former finance and commercial director for Network Rail’s infrastructure projects division, he has also been chief executive of civil engineering company Spencer Group.
He is joining Amey from Brandes House Consultancy, where he was managing director.
Amey chief executive Andy Milner said: “David has a wealth of experience and will add great value to our utilities business as he helps shape our future strategy. I am delighted he has decided to join us at this exciting time for Amey.”
McLoughlin added: “This is an exciting time for Amey’s utilities business with some great opportunities on the horizon. I have worked with Amey closely in the past and know what a strong leadership team it has. I look forward to working with my new colleagues to develop the business in 2018.”
- Water companies 'need to take broader view of Totex' Water companies need to adopt a broader definition of Totex which sees them optimising spend across the whole business... Read More >
- Water and sewerage construction to grow, says CPA forecast The Construction Products Association's (CPA) new summer forecast released today expects the construction industry to grow... Read More >
- DCWW to spend £4.5M on Rhyl and Kimnel Bay wastewater network Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW) is investing £4.5M to deliver major improvements to the wastewater network in the Rhyl... Read More >
- Dewatering pump maintenance: Keep moving Maintaining your dewatering pumps goes a long way, writes Joe Moser, pump product manager, Atlas Copco Construction... Read More >
- New direction: Is the industry ready for direct procurement? Ofwat's continued aim to drive efficiency and value for customers will see the introduction of a new direct procurement... Read More >
- Analysis: Assessing lane rental's pros and cons While lane rental may be popular with many, Robin Hackett hears why the majority of utilities and contractors are fiercely... Read More >
- Interview: New Eric Wright Water MD Neal Whittle Eric Wright Water's new managing director, Neal Whittle, tells Robin Hackett about the importance of delivering on... Read More >
- Trant Engineering: Forward thinking Now positioned as a multi-discipline, innovation-focused contractor, Trant Engineering is aiming high - and says its... Read More >